1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Spider-Man: Far from Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 15, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Highly recommend seeing it in 3-D D-Box. Totally rocks.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Don't think a spoiler is required by this point.

I'd like to think that Stark decided that this kid was going to be ready to make his own decisions, in life, as an Avenger and protector of the world. No more coddling him with the "training wheels" programs to his suits, but instead allowing him to do what he will with the power that is given to him. (Great Power/Responsibility bit inserted there)

There is no way for Stark to monitor everything that goes on from the grave moving forward after the events of End Game.

I also liken the decision Holland's Peter to that of Macguire's Peter. It's a given that MP did not choose to start losing his powers but it was all a mindset that ultimately started relinquishing his powers due to lack of confidence in himself little by little. Same with HP in that he did not feel confident in himself and his ability to carry the torch that Stark left behind for him therefore he relinquished the power of EDITH without much of contest from HP.

All in all, it was a good movie. I didn't find the comical portions of the movie as funny as Homecoming's. Night monkey was probably the funniest bit throughout the entire movie. The effects of the Mysterio fights were amazing, especially the one near the construction zone.

I think you scored it pretty appropriately for me. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10 at best.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That’s really a silly decision, really thought they had nailed the character with Tom Holland…..

mikol13 likes this.
  5. Roscoe Arbuckle

Disney got way too greedy. The proposal they sent Sony was for 10 times the amount they were getting. This is Disney's fault.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Jontro likes this.
  6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Sony wanted 95%
    Disney want 50/50

How's that Disney fault. Disney should just buy sony

ghettocheeze, arkoe and Jontro like this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Disney agreed to 5% in the first place. That IS what they were getting. That WAS the agreement.

My business partner and I quit our last job because the owner just one day emailed us saying he would now be taking 60% of our business rather than the initially agreed upon 20%.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Freaking booo

snap...

#128 Blatz, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The problem is that Sony Pictures sucks. No one would care if Sony actually came out with a good Spidey movie. I'm being harsh because I think "into the spider-verse" was the best spider-man movie ever.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

interesting to see what will happen now, but oh well, Marvel will survive...doesn’t really bother me tbh, I ain’t here for Spider-Man anyways

very curious to see who will be the one to carry this new phase of Marvel...it can’t be Captain Marvel like they were hyping before her movie and Endgame came out...she ain’t got it like that

Jontro likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Spiderman was one of the few MCU series I enjoyed

How does this effect Marvel Land at the Disney Parks? Spiderman is the centerpiece of the new land at DCA

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm kind of glad. Even though I enjoy most everything Disney, I'm tired (and scared) of them owning everything. I hope SONY takes Spiderman and can make their own successful competing franchise. Spiderman has the best rogues gallery outside Batman. I'm not holding my breath though, lol.

Disney out here printing money. Let SONY take some and make the MCU even more unassailable.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It likely only affects the films and nothing else.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe they can expedite the mutants then?

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

More of this bullshit?

Rocket River

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So we’re done with Tom Holland now? That sucks. He was awesome.

arno_ed likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

I've liked all three spidermen, Holland, Maguire, and Garfield. I haven't liked all the movies though.

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Marvel may survive, but the iconic stuff is over. It will likely die a slow death over the next decade.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Negotiation tactic
    Sony leaked this to force fans to pressure marvel and Disney

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope they are keeping him

BigM likes this.