1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ticket/Attendance 6/7/19 questions..

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Francis3422, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Can someone give me some guidance...

Looking to take my parents to the game Friday night. Just the three of us. The online sits (seatgeeks, Stubhub,Vivid) seem to charge out the ass for fees. Will this game (Friday night vs. Orioles) sell out or can we just get tickets there?

Also, parents are older. I don't remember MMP, if we park very close, how will they do getting around in the park? Looking to sit lower area on 3rd baseline how will this be for them to get down there?

Thanks

DD

arkoe likes this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I order directly from Astros.com or buy tickets at box office downtown before hand. I wouldn't wait until the day of the game except for a middle of the week game against a nobody. Lower level on 3rd baseline shouldn't involve any stairs. I typically park on the street, but you may want to find a surface lot closer for your parents. Alternatively, Uber is nice depending on how far you are from the game though a little bit of a wait after the game.

3. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

This is Star Wars night and they are selling a bobblehead. Also Fridays are fireworks nights. Might be better to go on Sunday.

4. Buck Turgidson

Oh hell, I'd pick any other day than that one.

arkoe likes this.
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You can just get seats at regular price from Astros.com. The game isn’t sold out. The bobble head is a pre purchase and handed out inside the stadium so there won’t be any more crowd than a normal game. Also the advantage of a fireworks night is that you can stay the whole game and it’s like you left early because so many people stick around for the fireworks.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I purchased through astros.com... and I'm picking the tickets up at will call I also purchased Parking. Can someone clarify I also need to get the parking pass at will call? The email that they sent me is kind of confusing

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Hmmm, i've never bought the parking pass so not sure, i'd probably call the Astros and ask. I would THINK that would be something you could down load to your phone and just show them at the entrance to the lot, but i'd probably call to be sure

Enjoy the game, hope your parents love it

8. IowaAstro

IowaAstro Member

First time going to a game tomorrow night, 6-14. Are there scalpers outside selling tickets? I have always done that other places in the past. I just can’t bring myself to pay all the fees online.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I've bought tickets from a scalper across the street from MMP, corner of Crawford and Congress, he's a regular, can be trusted. He holds a sign asking for extra tickets. I got half price club seats from him for the Tuesday night game vs. the Cubs. Otherwise if it's not going to be a sellout, arrive a little early and get the tickets at the box office to avoid fees.

IowaAstro likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, ****, where the hell was this post on Tuesday? I was dropping my dad off at the airport and headed to the stadium for the game with the idea of just picking up a ticket on tickpick once I got there. Well, apparently the game was sold out and my only option was to buy 2 tickets at the price of 75 each. I even got a great parking spot right off Preston St. I waited another 20 mins in the car, refreshing tickpick, to see if the pairs of tickets were gonna be split since the game started. They never did.

Whats the deal with scalpers, is it legal to buy from them, is it legal for them to sell? Ive never attempted for being ignorant in the matter.

11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Legal as long as it's not on MMP property. There's police at that same intersection directing traffic. This guy often gets tickets just handed to him by people that had extra tickets or buys them off people desperate to get rid of extra so his prices are usually well below box office price.

12. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I'm going to be coming into town for the game on Sunday 8/25 against the Angels. Flying in Sunday morning, flying out Sunday night. I want to have lunch and dinner near MMP before and after the game...any can't-miss places that I should visit? I'll be in dressed for the ballpark - jersey and a ballcap - so nowhere too stuffy. Thanks!

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Jackson Street Barbecue is right by the stadium.

Not sure about breakfast.

Joe Joe likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

I've mentioned this before, and I assume they still do it, but the Original Ninfas on Navigation has a shuttle service to and from the game. Park there, eat, drink, ride to ballgame, eat, drink, get picked up afterwards and dropped off at their parking lot.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Kim Son.

Bun thit nuong and cha gio forever.

16. Buck Turgidson

Which ones are those?

I love that restaurant. In fact I'm charring some pork right now to go with the vermicelli and lettuce and veggies