1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iko Exclusive: P.J. Tucker confident in signing a new deal— “Its now. It’s time for my extension"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Aug 20, 2019.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If I were Tucker I would go the Ariza route and chase the biggest salary he can get. He's been underpaid for his whole career and only has a couple of seasons left after this one. Try to get paid and retire.

Bo6, Invisible Fan and Williamson like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Give him the extension, honestly, enough of this. He's a PROVEN playoff contributor. Honestly EG is too.

robgue, Invisible Fan and Deckard like this.
  3. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I also have to think that his game would age pretty well. His defense is a combination of strength and saavy, and offense is three point shooting and offensive rebounds.

HP3 likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

PJ talking too much....

Doesnt he know he just needs to Shut up and Listen?

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Same. And I won't be shocked if he isn't back next season for that reason.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's crazy. Bruh all you getting is vet min deal. PJ just as delusional as clutchfans. That team USA really got in his head.

7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Tucker definitely deserves an extension. Another two years added on to his current contract at 7-10 mil per sounds right considering his age.

8. today

today Contributing Member

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

It's not really a Morey MO to extend a role player's contract two years before free agency actually hits. It's fair for PJ to agitate for security, he's a hot commodity right now, but I really don't see this happening until next summer.

It's hard to look at a guy's age 34 season and use it to put a value on his age 37 season and beyond.

10. 1 other person

Does he have an aging portrait? In that case make it a 5 years extension...

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

I don't see Tilman needs to pay luxury tax by giving both Gordon and Tucker extensions.
    Totals is around $143 million in 2020-21 season.

If Rivers want a year $5 million, then let him go. Sign minimum salary to the rest bench.

It's okay to sign 2 undrafted players and 2 two-way players.

12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Pay the man his asking price of $15/hr

13. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

You are one Helluva Rockets fan.

Nook, cbass, Plowman and 1 other person like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tilman wants players to know recession. Tilman is not going to the bidding war with other 29 owners.

Pay the five starters and House 3 million a year. The rest is minimum salary.

#34 BigBum, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    JuNx likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Guarantee his next year, extend him one more season for 10 mill or less.

He's going turn 35 this season, 36 next, 37 the year after that. Any extension would be for a 37 year old Tucker. 10 mill at max, preferably less.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PJ can have his 8 million a year for as long as he is alive, as far as I'm concerned. Udonis Haslem this dude...

donkeypunch, HP3 and JuNx like this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i would be shocked if he gets one given what happened with Paul at his age...also with all these injuries that have been happenning there's no reason to rush it. They'll probably just find the next pj tucker after him as much as i'd hate to see him go. he'll probably lose a step in two years and won't be the defender he is now. But if he'll sign for like 10 million a year? they have to do that.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

For real, all these people trying to play GM talking about "oh i wouldn't pay him this much" enough, our window is 2-3 years at most anyways. At some point you got to show loyalty to a dude who wants to be here.

Matt78777 and YOLO like this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We couldn't even Hakeem Olajuwon our Hakeen Olajuwon but this rapidly declining role player should get the treatment? Shane Battier retired at age 32, Miami didn't want him as soon as he declined, the whole league didn't want him

20. htownballa1622

In a perfect world, P.J. would get his extension for what he's worth and he wouldn't be up there in age.
    This isn't a perfect world and I don't see a chance for him to get paid while he's still under contract for so cheap for 2 more years.