1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman to Rocket players: Prepare for a recession

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, Aug 19, 2019.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Why couldn't a group of Chinese billionaires buy our team instead of this guy. They'd SPEND

HTown_TMac likes this.
  2. TilmanFinancialWindfall

It's implied. Look at the Westbrook layaway plan.

"BUCKET UP KIDS 'CUZ Recession is coming in 2021,2022,2023, 2024, or 2050, but we gotz to be prepared"

MorningZippo and BigggReddd like this.
  3. vick

vick Member

What Tilman is saying is, no way in Hell will I spend 1 red cent on luxury tax. Not now not ever.So Morey put that in your pipe and smoke It. Also if you guys can help me out, can I put your salaries on a payment plan. Also pretty please, interest free. I can give you 10% off any meal at any of my restaurants. If you promise to leave an 35% tip.

4. foggy94

foggy94 Member

He's playing it conservative by spending $2.2b that he doesn't have to own a sports franchise.

5. Buck Turgidson

Oh Tilman, you ridiculous chiseling b*stard.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He will still make more from his franchise than most other owners.

Ramo$e and daywalker02 like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Republicans always **** up good economies given to them by Democrats (Obama, Clinton). They want to give tax cuts to the Rich, at the expense of the middle class. Trump has taken it to a new level with his idiotic trade war.

With that said, this thread is dumb.

9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

That is an excellent question. Also, how did TV ratings do?

Where does the average NBA owner get most of their gross basketball-related income from?

I don't think this particular bit of news means Fertitta is cheap, FWIW. Though it does sound like the sort of forward-looking statement a CEO uses to prepare their investors for expecting lower returns in the upcoming few evaluation periods.

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

They probably are the sort of restaurants where front of the house has to pool tips with everyone including management.

I've never worked for any of his places, though back in the day, I did work for a hotel that did pool gratuities that way. Still did well, but ugh.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Also he's probably gonna fire a bunch of people on staff. Fat doesnt trim itself and you have to be lean and mean when you're sutting atop a publicly subsidized golden goose ******** ATM like an NBA franchise.

Btw. Seems like the Toyota Center is looking mighty old....hint hint

vick and Gray_Jay like this.
  12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This basicly means eric gordon option wont be picked up. He will probably try to draft some 3pt stud out of college to replace him.

vick likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fern t*** broke AF.

pippendagimp and J.R. like this.
  14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If you call an overvalued market built on quantitative easing and zero percent interest a good economy, then you really shouldn’t be voting.

Obama had to go to extreme lengths to fix the damage done by the affordable housing act, and few blame him. It was necessary, but let’s not pretend the bill won’t come due.

Jake Tower likes this.
  15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

He could pull a Le$ and threaten to move the team. How old was the Summit when Le$ tried that? More than the 16 years we've had the Toyota Center?

LOL at Houston putting up most of the money to build the thing. Isn't Houston/Harris County Sports Authority still making payments on Astrodome bonds?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't want to start any political discussion here. Just thought a thread about news and economy needs that pic. :p

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If you actually watch the interview you might reach the conclusion I did. I'm happy Tilman is the owner over a lucky, stammering, stealing, jerk. Basketball is a business and we're not LA so we need all the planning and strategy we can get.

18. ball king23

ball king23 Member

what are we saving for someone tell me you are telling the future to basically do not go to the draft

19. vick

vick Member

He will Draft in the second round, because Tilman uses 1st round picks to get rid of bad contracts.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.