1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Iggy pushing for his buyout - wants Rockets/Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 16, 2019.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

"one good playoff game" huh, try again.

YOLO likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you think he was decent and relatively healthy last year, it is not going to be much better, on the contrary, he will count himself lucky if he can maintain that production.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

who said anything about improving. what he does is exactly what houston needs and again theres nobody on this roster like him and who have yet to find such a wing since ariza/moute has been gone. people around here are actually nitpicking about a guy who was a top fa priority just 2 years ago and continues to be a thorn in houston's side.

T_Man, AB423 and ballsohard like this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Speaking of Mr Luc Moute, whither he?

basso likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

injured somewhere

amaru likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He went 5-8 from 3 against us in game 6. That was a good game. Aside from that game, he shot 31% from 3 (and don't forget - these are wide open 3s). Also 37% from the FT line. And at his age with his injury issues, he's not explosive enough to get by anyone. On the Rockets he would be a spot up shooter.

I'm not blaming him or saying he mailed it in or anything; he gave a good effort; he just doesn't have much to give anymore.

The Warriors were short-handed and he had to take on more responsibilities than they would have preferred. But they were injured and Livingston had become unplayable so they didn't have any options. If they could have benched him more then they would have.

To his credit, he did get 4 rpg, 4 apg in his almost 30 mpg. And a block and a steal too. That's not too bad. Also, of course, his on-ball defense is good in some stretches, but it's not what it once was.

But those decent numbers won't offset his offensive issues. He was the guy that opposing teams wanted to have the ball.

Mr 1999 and Chamillionaire like this.
  7. Acura

Acura Member

anyone that disagrees with you - foolish children

@cyberx -“slipping” according to you

Did I miss anything?

8. htownballa1622

He WAS a solid player for them. I mentioned his age because he's not getting any younger. I'd also argue HE wasn't the thorn in our side. Some Curry and Draymond guys were kind of the issue with their pnr.

9. htownballa1622

If he came on a vet minimum deal i'd say, "meh."

That's what I said.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can argue he wasn't all you want. anyone who has kept up continuously with these matchups every year for the past several seasons knows exactly what he does against houston

#170 YOLO, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  11. htownballa1622

*when he's on a historic team. Him going elsewhere doesn't bother me. He can rot in Memphis for all I care.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

why does it matter if it bothers you or not. if its so meaningless then why are you talking about it? Most of us care about making this team better and he absolutely does that

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

uh, ouch

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Mark, perhaps?

Plowman likes this.
  15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks for this.

What kind of rule allowance is it that the Lakes could request and the League affirm? Is this very precedented or unprecedented? Could the Lakers get an injury exception for BC? Thanks again.

16. mightybosstone

Why, though? That's never been his game, and he has other offensive skills that are far greater strengths of his than perimeter shooting. He's one of the better passing wings of the last 20 years, and he's still super dangerous in transition and a solid ballhandler and finisher at the rim.

As Rockets fans, I think we have a tendency to put certain guys in certain roles based on whatever we think necessarily fits whatever we think a Daryl Morey-built team should look like or based on what we've seen from other guys in Mike D'Antoni's system. But you don't pick up a guy who's a square and then force him into a round hole. Look at Paul—before he was acquired, would he have fit what we would have thought a Rockets' point guard should be? No. Look at Westbrook. Does he fit that mold either? Definitely not.

You don't acquire Andre Iguodala because you think the guy is going to suddenly become a lights out perimeter shooter. You acquire him because of all the other things he does at a high level, and you let his role on the team morph around his strengths.

He's also the guy who opposing defenses love to forget about, and then suddenly he's blown past you for a dunk and randomly ends up with 15 points in less than 25 minutes. Iggy is not Ariza or Tucker. He has strengths that go beyond spot shooting on offense.

csj, D-rock, lionaire and 1 other person like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

MEM has LAL by short and curlies, hope they squeeze picks out of them for Dwight.

Make the Lakers pay. No buyouts.

topfive likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Harden and WB are the two highest usage players of all time.

For the bolded, please refer to Carmelo. We did exactly that. It was a bad idea from the beginning but we did it anyway.

And yes, one could have / should have seen how a high IQ and great shooter like CP3 could fit. Plenty did. I did.

WB fits as a great penetrator. As a guy who will have the ball in his hands.

For sure. But his skills have fallen off so those other high level things are now fewer and don't last as long. That's my point.

No. Not in the year 2020.

htownballa1622 and jordnnnn like this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah outside of the 5/8 game he was 32% from 3 for the rest of the playoffs and as you said on about the most wide open looks you can ask for. Hell outside of our series he was 29% from 3.

He does some other things ok at this point, the best probably still being a useful defender in a smaller role. I think all the other stuff he was once really good and known for has very much declined at this point.

If he’s coming in at the vet min after a buyout....why not? Otherwise no thanks.

Haymitch likes this.
  20. htownballa1622

oh, MY bad. I thought we could post opinions in here.:rolleyes:
    Is HE the reason we win a title or not?

DOES he make the team better? I guess...

It's still...**** him forever.