1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Company forces workers to watch Trump or lose pay

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I assumed politics and business don't mix in the workplace, but this fascism thing is new to me.

REEKO_HTOWN and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They shouldn’t be paid to be there. Unless they were excused from regular job duties for the visit where they’d be paid. In which case the people who didn’t go and continued to work should get paid Too.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They didn't have to go. There was no work for the rally that management wanted to have. The pay to attend the rally was a gift

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Obviously management wanted to show appreciation even if it would have been fake considering they were being paid to attend

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There is nothing controversial. The company paid people to attend a rally or they could stay home.

Stupid thread title as no one was forced to do anything. Nothing to see here

BruceAndre likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think they should be paid to do their job. Their job isn't to attend political rallies.

Imagine you were forced to go to an Obama rally to fill an arena and make it seem that Obama had a lot of support - all at your job or not get paid. How would you feel?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I like Obama. You don't know me.

Secondly they decided to have a rally and not work that day . Management can do that

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I had something slightly similar at my job. I worked for a multi-billion dollar company in Charlotte, and 1 day a year they have a thing called Culture Fest. Absolute propaganda about how the company was growing to compete with Apple and Google, all while wages, PTO and commission were all going down. I hated it passionately, but not enough to sit at my desk and take 50 calls instead. It's 2019, bring some headphones and watch Netflix on your phone if you can't stand hearing Trump. By the end of the day, you have 100-150 bucks, free lunch and you're all caught up on Stranger Things.

JuanValdez likes this.
  13. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

So, if you think it’s ok to for a company to suspend operations and only pay people that attend a political rally of the company’s choosing, then yes, I feel like I know you.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  14. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

So, you don’t see the difference between those two events?

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This gets 2 threads but the mass shooting of cops gets ignored. Alrighty then.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its one freakin day bro and if workers were relying on that day's pay it was still available

Nothing to see here

withmustard likes this.
  17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

My first sentence said "slightly similar", now I'm being questioned if I see the difference. Cut me some slack man.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Sweet Lou 4 2

I am not a Trump supporter for the umpteenth time. I don't believe in borders. His rhetoric towards Hispanics is disgraceful and dangerous. I don't believe in trickle down economics etc etc etc

Because i believe in freedom of speech even for racists or believe the collision story was ridiculously stupid does not make me a Trump supporter.

Please get it through your thick skull because having you assume and comment like i am makes it difficult to discuss these topics with you

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It's in the mass shooting thread. Do we need to create a mass shooter thread for every single incident?

20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you LOVE obama. you got really, really upset when people like me were critical of him and his policies. which makes it really odd that you love trump so much and defend him as often as you do. trumps main goal as president has been to systematically dismantle everything obama did. as a hardcore obama supporter why would you be supportive of trump and his agenda? it makes no sense.

i think you just love authority figures. you dont seem to care about policy.