1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Iggy pushing for his buyout - wants Rockets/Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If the Rockets really want him they can get him... there are ways.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

free agents choose teams based on these priorities in this order:

1 - money
    2 - role
    3 - market
    4 - winning
    5 - relationships

the rockets CAN beat the lakers at every turn... if they choose...

1. the rockets have more money to spend. we still have MLE money and can outspend the lakers who only have minimum contracts available. will tilman pay the tax? we heard Iggy was one that was considered "worth it." if not we are tied with the lakers for money.

2. the rockets can offer a starting role. I'm not sure the lakers can. Lebron, AD, green, Kuzma and McGee should start. AD doesn't want to play center and I'm guessing kuzma doesn't want to come off the bench, but might for iggy. the rockets can also offer as many minutes as iggy can handle. he played 23 last year but we can create up to 30mpg. the lakers will likely limit him to 18-23mpg since they are stacked with forwards (AD, lebron, kuzma, green, KCP, all taking minutes at the 2-3-4).

so we have a distinct advantage to be more appealing IF we offer more money and a larger role. if we don't, we will lose out on iggy based on the decision moving down to the #3 priority (market) which LA wins, #4 (winning) which they are perceived to be better, and #5 (relationships) which he has with pelinka.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol so u have them beating us 3 out of 5...but says we can beat them at every turn lmao...n ur nber 2 role...doesnt make sense. Iggy wouldnt start for any team in the league lol....not because he not talented cause he old n injury prone. If the rockets offered him a starting job he would not choose us even he dont wanna start lol. So ur role thing is flat out wrong...so we can only offer more money..not much else

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this, just looking at his length and hand/eye coordination if he did 15-20 mins per game and focused on defense he could be exactly what we need. Like many I was kinda of neutral on him because of his age, but besides his defensive skills he brings leadership, championship experience and an uncanny ability to pull off clutch plays when the team needs it most.

He almost came our way a few years ago, I think with how we're built now he may decide to go Houston if he gets bought out. Or MEM may finally relent and do something like a S&T for Shump/2nd deal so they get something (if that will even work). I'd be hesitant to pay his current salary at his age and likelihood of injury, but for the vet min he would be an excellent addition.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

SOURCES: Rockets will sign Terrence Jones
    I’m legit

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Like a lot of people on here I didn't follow Iguodala's game throughout last year but reviewing the film I saw the type of basketball instincts we need. If we can have Tucker and he lock down these star 3's and 4's it greatly improves our chance to win the championship next year.

mike2k132 likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

If Iggy cared about money he wouldn't ask for a buyout.
    He can get millions more by staying where he is now.

If you have let go of millions already, the little crumbs more the Rockets can throw at him over the Lakers won't matter at all.

mike2k132 likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

All reports have said the Lakers are his top option. I assume that is correct, but good that we’re at least in the running.

mike2k132 likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That may be the case but it may not because according to the media every NBA players top choice is the Lakers until they choose not to go there.

Possum likes this.
  12. Chamillionaire

Not. Gonna. Happen.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

He's also received at least twice as much adulation, it goes with the territory... :cool:
    [​IMG]

I've said this before, I like when cyberx posts something, the GARM becomes alive and it's usually accompanied by optimism. I've also said that it would be asinine to think everyone would be on board and accept/believe what he posts. Everyone knows that #1 has vouched for him, but obviously, this isn't enough, he needs MOAR!!

cyberx: "Now - in the comments of this thread. Please continue to debate between each other on if im legit or not." :rolleyes:

Go ROCKETS!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he doesn't. the only reason why people even bring up that he's vouched for is because all of the randoms that want to question what he posts especially when they don't like the news. they try to be the loudest. nobody is out here promoting cyber all day every day. and no not everyone knows that clutch has vouched for him.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Questions:
    1.) Has @cyberx been vouched by @Clutch? Yes or No?
    2.) Does he receive twice as much adulation as skepticism? Yes or No?

Correction:
    Perhaps not everyone is aware that he's been vouched by Clutch, but the topic has been brought ad nauseam in the GARM. Yes or No?

16. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Im guessing at this point you try and offer a couple 2nds and Shump (if thats still a thing).

Him "pushing" for a buyout to choose between the Lakers and Rockets shiuld SURELY put the Rockets in front of what could be a trade, due to how many assets the Lakers have left.

Oh.. i forgot about savings.
    I guess not.

17. Hardy Toll Road

You don’t believe in @cyberx ?

Duboys and Clutch vouch for him

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not holding my breath, but obviously it’s good to hear we’re in the running.

He would be a great stash-and-deploy option for later in the season/playoffs.

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they beat us in 3 out of 5 but you misunderstood how the system works. #1 is the only deciding factor. only when that's even you move to #2. only when that's even you move to #3 and so on. we can beat them at the top 2 leaving all the lakers advantages off the table. you may not think he deserves or wants a starting job but most around the NBA would disagree. he could play 24mpg starting at the forward spot and put ego back to the super 6th man role.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I disagree, I think it will matter more because he will want to recoup some losses. I don't think his first option was a buyout. I'm sure he preferred to get traded and keep all his money. now that he has to give up money in a buyout he will look 1st to sign with a contender given his age, then money, then role (so he's worth more money on the market next summer).

I think more money and larger role will bring him here instead of the lakers.