1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden giving in Bahamas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bungiman, Aug 11, 2019.

1. MystikArkitect

He’s not wrong though lol. Leonard and his uncle were pretty grimy with both the Spurs and the Raptors.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes it is but he has a gajillion dollars and more on the way. He is probably too rich to care lol

Also if you're a hundred millionaire like Harden you probably carry 100k on you everyday.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's a business dawg. Remember when the Rox traded Slowmile Swift back to Grizz after he begged them to trade him anywhere but there? What about the team cutting Melo after he did everything they asked him to? The team going back on their word regarding Dwight's touches after Morey promised him he was gonna be the focal point of the offense? Cp3 getting traded after Morey gave his word he will still be on the team?

Kawhi and his uncle are just exercising their rights just like NBA have been doing since the league got founded. Nothing grimy about it imo its just business.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Just because the teams in the league practice business this way and players follow suit, doesn't make it any less "grimy". I hate when it's just chalked up as "oh, it's just business." It may be business as usual, but it's a shitty business practice. I get that it's hypercompetitive and everyone is out to be the best, but don't go back on your promise or word and called it "business".

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree I dont like it as well, but we dont like a lot of things ( ie taxes) doesnt make them any less real. I dont like the fact that Morey promised DH he would be the focal point of the offense to recruit him and then tell him to stfu and rebound, but I would rather he do that than make Harden demand a trade out of the team just cuz he has to keep his word to Dwight. Its just business and I'm sure Morey had nothing personal on Dwight who actually did a lot of good for the community while he was here.

In the case of Kawhi he is just trying to get himself to the best possible situation, its like a normal dude interviewing for a job of course he is always gonna say stuff like he loves the company culture blah blah and not be honest and say they are the backup in case he doesnt get accepted by google or w/e. Is that grimy? Maybe, but thats also business you gotta look out for No. 1.

Just cuz somebody is an athlete doesnt mean you put them in a pedestal and they should be above normal human beings lol.

Riz likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good man.

DD

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'm talking the bout the guy that hung himself, dont know how that got in his take lol

8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish... well these ppl literally were already fishing. :D Also, not knocking the comment at all, but found it interesting that the Bahamas is the third richest country in the Americas behind the US and Canada. There is a significant amount of crime, mostly burglaries, even during the day. Seems a little dangerous even with his security to be carrying that much cash on an ATV.

#28 BallSoHarden, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden has a Huge Adidas Deal, which he deserves, As a person, he is likable.

Kawhi Leonard has a New Balance Deal, in which literally nobody would buy his shoes, only running shoes.

Can you imagine wearing New Balance Kawhi Leonard Shoes in Rucker Park, literally players would laugh.

10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

That water looks so pretty. I need to learn how to swim

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Winning that championship was huge for Kawhi and for NB as a brand. NB is gaining respect among sneakerheads, and everyone wanted the New Balance T-Shirts he was wearing "Fun Guy", "Board Man Gets Paid" etc. It will take a few years for them to gain traction. When Puma came back to basketball last year they were considered a joke, but people get use to the idea of it eventually. I think they've done a good job of embracing his personality and integrating it into the brand. Even if no one buys his basketball shoes, and they end up increasing sales of other merchandise like the T-shirts and various other styles, I think it is a win for the brand.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

U would get clowned for sure...might as well be high priced Shaqs or Starburys the way people would be laughing at u for coming to the court in those

they’ll shut up if u come out and BALL tho...u would get clowned if somebody embarrassed u in some Kawhi NBs