1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Lue is the front-runner if MDA is let go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 15, 2019.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@Plowman is a fraud

Acura likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

To each their own, but we already knew the interest was there so depending on what cyberx means it’s either just like the news a while back and nothing much to see here or it’s really scary news lol

Acura likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

#123 J.R., Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Corrosion, Zoplicone and Sajan like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How?

5. Hardy Toll Road

Has anyone on here ever vouched for @Plowman like Duboys and clutch vouch for cyber?

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Same bro, as guy who was a fan of those Suns teams back in the day(with Nash) I would really really REALLY hate to see history repeat itself with Dantoni and Harden. Im already disappointed with Cp being where he is.

But hopefully we get this ring. I believe if Harden and Russ put it together, we have a guaranteed championship.

7. ball king23

ball king23 Member

why not just add kobe or tibs

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am here to contribute nothing to another BS thread by cyberx.

Eat it up boys. There will be another one in a few months.

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I believe it, I still dont get why clutchfans are so booty hurt about mda not have a extention. Why cant he prove his worth. He hasnt won **** with us. He hasnt even won a ring..lue has. N before u say lbj....look how everybody says it hard to coach lbj. He has n won. That should mean something. Like I said. I like morey n tilman wanting result damn it.

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We said the same when we lost Adelman lmao.....as great as he was he never won. This a result based business

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever his short comings, MDA has coached the Rockets to what should have been a title over GS....were it not for the League office. (in spite of the CP3 injury) As much as I hate to say it, The Warriors are one of the greatest teams of all time. And, you're going to diss the guy that's put us right there with them each year?!? Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Well for one thing it cost the Rockets higher quality assistant coaches. Instead we were stuck with mediocrity.

If 4-5 million dollars is enough for Tillman to hurt the product on the court, then he needs to sell the team.

Gray_Jay, Deuce, Corrosion and 8 others like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

That is not a good way to evaluate anything. So James Harden is a choker cause he hasnt won a chip yet? Same deal, it aint like that.
    Look man if Clutch, Ben, AND Daryl(well referencing) have vouched for him than I dont see any reason to call him a fraud. Information is fluid in the NBA, just because something doesnt materialize right in front of your face, doesn't mean it hasn't happend or wasnt discussed.

D-rock likes this.
  14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Tillman is awful.

jboslett and HP3 like this.
  15. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't see what's wrong with this. Sometimes you should change coaches if players are tuning them out and messages aren't being relayed well. MDA is a great coach but he's not without his failings. Everyone complains about his short rotations and playing Harden ridiculous minutes even in blowouts. And the fact that he couldn't control the Harden/CP3 chemistry troubles this past season is a major demerit in my view.

Whatever issues Lue may have, for some reason players do like him and he can probably smooth out the egos of Westbrook and Harden.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

That would be a mistake. MDA is not Milkhair.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Cyberex meant to say the Rockets were high on ludes not Lue.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I've been saying he would be a great fit:

• championship coach / respect from players
    • former player / respect from players
    • proved he has the game management to get over the top
    • proved he has the player management to handle impossible personalities (Kyrie and lebron)

#138 smoothie, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

wasnt this the idea all along lol MDA leaving after this year bc of rumored contract issues? feel like this is old news

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Come on guy james hasnt been in the league 20 years lmao...with good teams