1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Players Conducting Mini-Camp in LA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FrontRunner, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Westbrook isn’t going to suddenly become an efficient shooter. All they can do is hope to cut his field goal attempts down, improve his shot selection and improve his penetration. If he can shoot 33% from 3 and cut out his mid range jumpers, his efficiency will improve to the point it isn’t such an issue... then you can try to profit off the facets of his game that are beneficial. That isn’t an easy adjustment and we will need to wait and see.

ak99999, Jontro, HP3 and 7 others like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If he doesn’t take mid range and stops shooting pull up threes, he could very well be an efficient shooter. I feel like most of his efficiency problems is that he just takes really bad shots. Also like Harden he never gets spot up open shots or assisted jumpers he is always the one making the plays. He is still a career 80% free throw shooter even with the last two seasons being bad. Just hope he regains that form.

3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Which strip clubs are they hitting in LA? I want to check out some p*rn star booty and maybe get me a Westbrook autograph and then sell that Autograph for a strip dance

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Point taken. I think we have to keep expections reasonable. Hes not going to become a different player. But if he wants to win, he's going to see the wisdom of focusing on some different things and making some adjustments. Hes clearly already aware of that; he talked about playing off the ball more. I dont think its hard to say, hey Russ, we want you to focus on improving your 3pt shooting and your foul shooting. Attack the basket with or without the ball; kick it out to the shooters when you draw a crowd.

Seriously thats all he needs to do.

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ben Mclemore is like Austin Rivers. Someone who grew up being the man on every team they were a part of and expected a lot more when coming in the nba............ but **** happens. Austin knows his role. I hope Ben figures that out too, he can be a great piece. His shooting stroke is textbook.

hakeem94, TRIQSTER and D-rock like this.
  6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

LA, why not Vegas!? Then I remembered, oh yeah, UCLA.

Maybe Clemons can become a Nate Robinson type energizer off the bench for us? We certainly need the injection of youth and athleticism. Will MDA actually play him might be the real question.

haiti_king likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The one across from the Riot Hyatt.

8. kevtse

kevtse Member

Have we siged Chris Clemons?

9. riko

riko Member

If Clemons was a few inches taller dude would be a legit rotation player. I still liked what I saw in the summer league.

10. macan

macan Member

raymond felton to Rockets confirmed..

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm way too interested in this mini-camp and there is way too little info. This boring stretch of the off-season is killing me.

Corrosion, Reeko, DreamShook and 3 others like this.
  12. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Hey guys, can i get a job application?

macan likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

According to some sources that were there, they didn't allow filming or pictures by anyone except Morey.

Also, Ben McLemore missed like 5 wide open 3s and just sucked all around in scrimmage. Harden was passing a lot and Westbrook sat out yesterday's scrimmage.

14. htownrocketsclutch

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

// Harden not fat.

D-rock likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Looks like he lifting with westbrook

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Are they still working out? I just arrived in LA last night and have time to do some stalking.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope its JHTown weekend

19. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Is that Bobby brown? Dude won't go away. What is he Harden's professional buddy?

20. mockster

mockster Member

I think he will improve for sure, he’s already said it’s his goal this off season but yeah I don’t expect it to be a complete transform by any means

Also effienncy and stats don’t always count for the the type of player he is on the court. Technically Kobe is not that efficient of a player, has the most missed FGS in history. Obviously a better shooter then Westbrook but stats aren’t always a deciding factor