1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 12, 2019.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Both are rolling, but Yankees are slightly ahead. We must catch and pass them; have to have homefield advantage.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Pretty much he is the only guy with options in the Pen and they will need an extra arm to help since they used so many guys today. My guess is he is down his 10 days and then right back up unless there is an injury and he's up sooner. Probably gets a few innings in AAA to stay loose.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

So right before the game as he was warming up, Josh Miller called down & told me his hammy wasn't feeling very good & didn't feel like he could continue. Devo was on his way to 'pen. He's usually the first reliever out there anyways. So we raced to get him ready. Scratched Cole & he came in to see the trainers and got some treatment. We'll get him tested even further & see where it takes us but he doesn't think it's that serious. I'm glad he told us. We hope it's mild. It was literally a couple minutes before the game.

T for 3 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Him or Devo, I guess, doesn't really matter.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You don’t think the Astros are good enough to get by the Yankees unless they have him field?

desihooper likes this.
  6. theimpossibles1

It is terribly horribly frustrating when this team is down only 3 runs in the 4th inning and the body language says we are ready for the game to be done. Lazy at bats all night.

Correa at the end with that softly hit ball might have brought the tying run to the plate if he sprinted but he barely even jogged. Insanely aggravating.

I understand it was a long day and Cole being out stings, but for fu*ks sake remember who you are!

Houstunna and fiersdownbelow like this.
  7. theimpossibles1

I'd really love to see a stat of his avg when we are trailing by 3 or fewer runs, or tied (AKA critical situations). It's gotta be close to zero.

All his hits come in meaningless situations when we are already way up or down.
    Probably the least clutch hitter i've ever seen. And its not just this year, he's always been like that.

I'd much rather start Straw.

8. Buck Turgidson

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=reddijo01&year=2019&t=b

Last 2 years were different, this year is horrible.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  9. bobrek

Scoring position, 93 or so plate appearances, .610 OPS.

Scoring position, 2 outs. 45 or so plate appearances. .467 OPS.

Tie game, .703. Within 1, .610. Within 2, .683.

Close and late, .610.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

That's what the media says.

desihooper likes this.
  11. SemisolidSnake

HFA is not going to be a deciding factor. Kind of tired of hearing about it as it sounds like also are. It's going to come down to who plays like they want it more. The Yankees are getting it done despite being the most injured team by far this season. Maybe we need to be watching Yankees games and seeing what they're doing to push through it all.

The Astros have the talent to run the entire gauntlet this season. The Astros have the talent to beat the Yankees in fewer than 7 games making HFA a moot point. The Astros have got to be completely healthy. The Astros need to play like their first game today and put up runs in most innings. If the Astros take innings for granted in the playoffs against the teams that are out there, they're not going to make it. If they fight every inning, they're not NOT going to make it. The choice is theirs.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Tomstro and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The entire vibe of the second game was weird. The unplanned bullpen day on the back end of a DH seemed to screw with us.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. BleedsRocketRed

Man
    I went to both games yesterday and to say it felt like I watched two completely different teams was an understatement. Sox were shook in the first game and we had our offense going, 2nd game I didn't recognize the Astros out there. Completely different vibe and we had no idea that Cole was out until a few pitches in. Looked at the screen in the outfield and went... WTF?

Just a weird vibe there at the end. NOTHING was going our way. Balls hit right to players.

With that said...

Yordon is massive and swings HARD
    Greinke does a "HUYYYY" grunt at his release point for EVERY. SINGLE. PITCH.
    I literally love Springer
    Lots of Astros fans in the stands. A lot were from Houston, few had Houston ties and got on the bandwagon, which whatever come along I guess. It was nice seeing a lot of Astros fans out there though

16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Watch Novo get shelled next game . JK. Screw Chicago for postponing the first game.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

When it comes to the playoffs, you want every advantage you can get.

18. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The Yankee's stretch of 11 straight games against Baltimore and Toronto ends after today's game. They now have a 23 game stretch where they play Cleveland, at Oakland, at Dodgers, at Seattle, Oakland, Texas, and at Boston; some losses are coming. And that Boston series to end their tough stretch starts their longest road trip of the season, 10 games (Boston, Detroit, Toronto).

#358 marks0223, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    everyday eddie and Jake Tower like this.
  19. bobrek

Of course, but they don't have to have home field advantage.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

What about the Dodgers?