1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrorist attack in Kashmir killing 44 CRPF

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are almost 200 million Muslims in India which is about the population of Pakistan.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OP, with all due respect, India isn't an island. ;-)

Putting that aside, I think India is making a big mistake. I'm not impressed with Narendra Modi, a strident nationalist who's the current Prime Minister and a promoter Hindu primacy in India, a multi-cultural society. His government has been using familiar tactics to boost it's popularity among the Hindu majority. He would do better to concentrate on ridding that government's bureaucracy of corruption, which is endemic.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

double post

4. R0ckets03

Lol India could not care less what Pakistan has to say about Kashmir.

Some Kashmiris wanna whine and b**** about lack of opportunities and the economy while clinging to a 1200 year old fairy tale. India is not ever going to let them secede, much less join Pakistan lol.

Revoking article 371 will bring in outside investment to an area that desperately needs it.

India has over 200 Million Muslims and no, Kashmir should not be able to keep its population strictly Islamic. There is no genocide going on. Unlike Pakistan, India is an actual democracy and Muslims and Hindus and Christians will have to live side by side. The constitution is not based on some barbaric crap written hundreds of years ago.

5. astros123

astros123 Member

Some Kashmiris are whining? Lmao over 84% of Kashmir's want freedom. You've obviously never been to the region. Kashmir is a country from within. In Pakistani side of Kashmir mainland Pakistani's cant even buy land in the region. India has allowed many other of their states to have special privilege and they have land restrictions for many other states. This isnt something new. Kashmir deserve special status and anyone whos with a clue understands the reasonings why.

Revoking 370 will bring in outside investment? Are you literally delusional?

This will lead to ethnic cleansing. India didn't even allow Muslims in the region to celebrate Eid (the holiest holiday for muslims) and then they wonder why everyone in Kashmir hates the Indian Government.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I usually agree with you but this is a pretty ignorant post, I’ve met Kashmiris who have lost their mother’s, fathers and brothers to violence from both Pakistan and india. They deserve to live whichever way they want, not in a tug of war between two countries. Dismissing the needs of people you have no connection to while thousands of miles away is arrogant, careless and dangerous. You do not understand the issue as Kashmiris do, as much as I try I don’t either. We need to understand rather than dictate and decide for them

7. Buck Turgidson

Israel-Middle East
    India-Packistan

Yall are all assholes, and you're ****ing it all up for everyone else because of your petty little religious bullshit. If there was a global Mr Rogers who could just say "STOP IT" and smack you upside the head I would vote for him as Supreme Leader

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The original Kashmiris are all dead or fled. It used to be nearly half Hindu.

India will never let go of Kashmir no more than the US would let go of Hawaii. Just like most Hawaiian don't want to be part of the US.

It's easy for someone far away in a country like the US stating that another state in the world faraway should have the right to secede. If Indian withdrew from Kashmir, Pakistan would march in a few days later.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. R0ckets03

I could possibly not care less about religion.

10. R0ckets03

Lets look at this practically. India is not ever going to let Kashmir secede from India. Nor should it. If Kashmir gets its way, then perhaps Punjab will start again. Then who knows who else. No country in the world is voluntarily going to give up part of itself.

There are a bunch of nuts in Texas who want to secede from the US. Doesn't mean its going to happen.

Pakistan has waged a proxy war in Kashmir for a while now. There was a a genocide in Kashmir alright. But it wasn't the Indian federal government trying to wipe off the Muslims. It was many Muslims who forced the Kashmiri Pandits to flee in the early 90s.

Whether its 10% of Kashmiris or 85% of Kashmiris that want to secede from India. It does not matter. Its not going to happen. So they must make peace with it and accept it. India's Muslim population is going to overtake the population of Pakistan; it's definitely a more diverse country then the **** hole that is to the west of it.

I've read enough about the Kashmir issue, while no expert on it, I understand it just fine. I just don't believe a state should be able to secede based solely on their perceived religious persecution.

By no means am I saying the federal government has not mistreated Kashmiris. Peaceful protest is the right of every citizen of a democracy. Crying and b****ing about Islam in India is not going to get you anywhere though.

There is no ethnic cleansing happening in Kashmir. Allowing other Indians to buy property and invest in Kashmir is the right of the federal government. As a Texan, I am still allowed to buy and invest in any of the other states in the US.

All @astros123 can do is cry and whine like his dear leader Imran Khan, but at the end of the day its an issue that is going to be handled in house in India. Worry about how minorities are treated in Pakistan and the state of Hindus in Pakistan. Worry about the terrorism emanating from the failed country that is Pakistan. Worry about how Islam has prevented Pakistan from making any progress the last 25 years.

We'll worry about our own **** in India.