1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

BBall Breakdown video-Why Jeremy Lin is out of the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 7, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In a very close playoff series against Portland
    Portland has the advantage of not having Jeremy Lin

Morey immediately saw this and got rid of him next year

No basketball fan would question the Rockets getting of him

roslolian likes this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Morey traded Lin because he didn’t want to pay $15M for a player who was coming off the bench and wanted the cap space to make room for Chris Bosh. Morey has said that if they didn’t think they were getting Bosh that he probably would have kept Lin. Morey knows that when Lin left the court in game 6 of that Portland series, the Rockets had a lead with less than a second left on the clock.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. ROCKETS 4 THE WIN

ROCKETS 4 THE WIN New Member

I think he should join the Hornets and build his way back up.

yoeddy likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Wait
    Did they call him?
    Would he play for the minimum?
    Did god tell you this?

#84 tinman, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Morey really wanted Lin he could have had him since 3 yrs ago for the min, actions speak louder than words.

Lin just doesnt have a good 3 pt shot and thats a death sentence in the current NBA see Wicky Wubio. And Rubio is a great defender and more gifted playmaker than Lin ever was.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Can you imagine this discussion without any of Lin’s cult followers replying to every Lin post that they perceived is not Lin worship?

#Rocketsfansonly

7. yoeddy

Well, not sure if Morey could have gotten Lin for the minimum 3 years ago, as clearly Lin wanted to play for a coach/organization that he trusted...and after everything that had happened in Houston, I'm 99% sure that Lin didn't feel like he could trust McHale. But I agree with you that Morey probably didn't want Lin either, given that he already had Beverley (who is a better fit to play along side with Harden) and Ty Lawson (who knew he would melt down?). He had a long conversation with Steve Clifford about joining Charlotte before joining, and Clifford lived up to his word there apparently.

True that Lin doesn't have a good 3pt shoot. But Ricky Rubio has had a solid NBA career and just signed a 3 year, $51M contract with Phoenix, so not sure why you think that he's a good example of not having a decent 3pt shoot is a death sentence in the current NBA.

8. yoeddy

I haven't had any Lin cult followers respond to any of my posts that didn't worship Lin, so hard for me to answer your question.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

So Clutchfans is the greatest Rockets site and tons of Lin scrubs joined to troll.

If there is a site that housed all Lin Only fans

No Rockets fans would ever join. Not a single one at any time.

You know why? Cause Rocket fans are basketball fans and Lin fans are purely trolls.

They can’t discuss Lin with each other because trolls don’t troll each other. They need to troll real fans

Notice one LOF who didn’t watch the video turned his troll mode on when he sees those three letters

roslolian likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rubio is an amazing bball player, has basically no weakness except his shot so I'm using him as an example of dude who is so good at everything else but only became a sub average nba player due to his 3 pt shot. His contract with the Suns is a lemon that got panned by basically every nba analyst out there, just cuz Eddy Curry got paid the max by NYC doesnt make him a franchise player lol.

If Rubio had a great shot he'd be a superstar by now, he has one of the highest bball IQs out there, an insane handle and decent athleticism, at least good enough to make him a solid perimeter defender in the NBA. But he doesnt, so he was basically unplayable in the jazz and they had to get rid of him for someone else who can provide spacing next to Mitchell.

Pizza_Da_Hut and tinman like this.
  11. yoeddy

Hard to look at a guy who has started 477 NBA games (out of 498 that he was healthy for), whose most recent contract is 3yrs/$51M and previous contract was 4yr/$55M, and has led his team to the playoffs the last 2 years as "a sub average NBA player".

And ok, if he had a 3pt shoot, Rubio would be a superstar by now, but instead he's just a solid NBA starter. What's your point? In talking about Lin, not a single person here is talking about Lin getting a superstar contract or even a starting role on a winning team...or even a losing team, for that matter. The discussion is about whether he belongs in the NBA with a significant role...like as a backup that gets 15-20 minutes/game. If Ricky Rubio was willing to be a backup for $3M/year, I'm 100% sure the Jazz would have been happy to have him at that price and that role.

On a side note about Rubio, I know Lin was bashed by tinman and others for signing with the Nets for an opportunity to start and help rebuild and $12M/year rather than stay with Charlotte for $2M/year on a playoff team in a smaller role. Does anyone think the same about Rubio? That he is selfish for wanting the chance to be a leader on a rebuilding Suns team?

12. likestohypeguy

Sometimes they do though. The trolls do to troll each other, on the internet (and irl).

Also, I was thinking that someone could potentially log on to the internet and pretend as if they represent their opposition's position, make intentionally poor arguments on their opponent's behalf, and enjoy replies in opposition to that disingenuous post, which actually supports their own cause. Just never know who & with what position is actually behind the posts you're responding to. For me better just to use them as springboards than to try and unravel their insinuated motivations, or accept as a sample worthy of any kind of analysis. Most I would assume are insincere.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's like what South Park said about trolls, they rarely care about the reaction of the person they engage with. Rather, they are trying to motivate another person, who may have stayed mute to come out and take a hard stance. Then, that person's actions polarize another person and you get this horrific cascade of events.

Regardless of the intent, we often can see a real argument from a fallacious or disingenuous one really quickly. However, the urge to interact sometimes becomes somewhat overwhelming, even if you know it will do nothing. Hence why I don't engage non-Rocket fans on twitter, and I should do the same here.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Well I’m sure one Lin fan might be more delusional than another

For example when Lin misses a shot, one LOF will blame racism and the other could disagree and say that Lucifer did it

Also you are right , we have had LOFs pretend to be anti Lin. But it’s so obvious that they get banned in a snap.

We can also have ones who make up stupid stories like they like Matt Maloney who played for the Rockets so they can join the site

One of the dumbest ones was a LOF who claimed to be a Houston baseball fan pre Astros era and never posted in the Astros forum .
    His use of language was that of a dumb Lin fan as well not an old baseball fan

It’s like a where’s Waldo game where the background is a blank page

roslolian and likestohypeguy like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mda made Steve nash, Lin, and now Harden

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lin was the only one MDA made, Nash and Harden were offered max deals before they played for MDA. How can MDA "make" somebody who was already seen as a star and max player?

This is like saying Spoelstra made Lebron lol

tinman likes this.
  17. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Basketball
    NBA free agent Jeremy Lin says ‘I always knew my journey would end in China’ as speculation over move grows
    • NBA champion and former Toronto Raptors star wants to bring to China ‘the experiences I had in America in that immigrant life’
    • ‘All anybody ever wanted to talk about was, ‘Oh, that’s a Chinese basketball player’ – I was never ‘an American basketball player’ growing up”

Jonathan White

Published: 12:21pm, 16 Aug, 2019

NBA free agent Jeremy Lin has indicated that he could be on his way to China as speculation over his future grows.

“I’ve always known that my journey in some ways would end in China,” the Toronto Raptors guard told website Radii on a recent visit to Shanghai. Lin said that he always knew he “would come back here and take the experiences that I had growing up in America”.

The NBA champion spoke at length about his desire to “help as many kids as I can in China” in the interview on the Shanghai leg of his annual Asia tour.

“The NBA training and the concept of a student athlete, a lot of these different things that I’ve learned through my childhood and my NBA experiences – I want to be able to help as many kids as I can in China.”
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Jeremy Lin at the launch of his partnership with Chinese sportswear brand Xtep in Guangzhou. Photo: Handout
    NBA free agent Jeremy Lin has indicated that he could be on his way to China as speculation over his future grows.

“I’ve always known that my journey in some ways would end in China,” the Toronto Raptors guard told website Radii on a recent visit to Shanghai. Lin said that he always knew he “would come back here and take the experiences that I had growing up in America”.

The NBA champion spoke at length about his desire to “help as many kids as I can in China” in the interview on the Shanghai leg of his annual Asia tour.

“The NBA training and the concept of a student athlete, a lot of these different things that I’ve learned through my childhood and my NBA experiences – I want to be able to help as many kids as I can in China.”

Lin also said that despite his focus on helping the next generation of athletes, he is far from done with his own career.

“I’m very, very motivated to continue to try to get better, and to continue to try to come back from my injuries, and to continue to show who I can be on the court,” he said.

NBA free agent Jeremy Lin opens the door to China move – but says ‘I won’t settle’

The 30-year-old is yet to sign for a new NBA team during his latest period of free agency and has been linked with a move overseas. The latest reports have suggested that several teams in the Chinese Basketball Association have been in contact about him playing in China next.

“My grandparents are from here, and all my ancestors are from here, and I speak the language fluently. When I was growing up in the US playing basketball, all anybody ever wanted to talk about was, ‘Oh, that dude’s Chinese. That’s a Chinese basketball player’. It was never ‘a basketball player’ growing up. I was never ‘an American basketball player’.”
    By the end of this summer’s Asia tour, Lin will have spent seven weeks on the road at basketball camps, interviews, and endorsement appearances as part of his growing charitable and commercial interests in China and Taiwan.

“So for me, I’ve always known that my journey in some ways would end in China, that I would come back here and take the experiences that I had growing up in America in that immigrant life that I was able to experience.

“And I would bring the things that I can – for example, the NBA training and the concept of a student athlete, a lot of these different things that I’ve learned through my childhood and my NBA experiences. I want to be able to help as many kids as I can in China.”
    e:
    Lin also spoke of his feelings on returning for a third time to his family’s ancestral home in Pinghu, Zhejiang province, and how it is one of the few places he feels at home. Where he finds himself calling home next has been the source of much speculation with recent reports confirming he has been in talks with CBA teams.

“My thing has always been that I’m trying to be the player that I know I can be,” Lin said. “And I haven’t achieved that yet. And so, I understand that realistically the time is ticking, but I also believe God has a perfect plan and that things will happen in the right timing.

“So I’m just going to continue to work, continue to enjoy each day, and whatever challenge I have in front of me next, like for next season, that’s what I’m going to go all out for. I’m an all-in type of guy. And I’ve always had that same dream: I want to be that player that I know I can be.”

https://www.scmp.com/sport/basketba...y-lin-says-i-always-knew-my-journey-would-end

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol Chinese GM's can finally read death threats they can understand from Lin "basketball fans".

That won't blacklist you at all, Jdog!!!

Pray the racism away on brick at a time... They hate u cuz u American!

tinman likes this.