1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else still high on Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 25, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I dont been telling my brother this the last 2 years, he been screaming Clint needs to work on jump shooting, I kept say no no no. His jump shot would never be a 4th option behind harden anything, russ anything, Gordon anything...all I been saying is if he just developed more Draymond things(passing, attacking from the top of the key) he would be a allstars.

Clint should be working on
    1. Passing
    2. Straight lime drives
    3. Posting up gaurds...not even forwards just gaurds for crying out loud
    4. His hands
    5. Freethrows

Like before u start trying to do advanced things just perfect basic bigs stuff n he would be a h.o.f. example dwight howard

don grahamleone and amaru like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's where you are getting it wrong, people believe he has potential to grow, we would rather it be in places that's a natural evolution of what he does best, he could be better at post play, at passing, at dribbling. Easier things that if he master he would be an allstar. U gotta know what to invest in, to get the best bang for your time spent. Shooting jumpers isnt it

don grahamleone and ak99999 like this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol so clint just didnt get 18 mil catching lobs, how about allen for the nets. He just catches lobs. U can be an allstar even in today's game just catching lobs n dunking.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I'm still high on him. He just needs to get rid of that ridiculous patch.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Uhhh....Can't do anything but dunk but..
    he does have nice hair though

6. Hardy Toll Road

Tyson Chandler will take care of business when it gets tough.

ak99999 and bilaal14 like this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I don't know anything about being HIGH or whatever on Clint.

But I will tell you what needs to be LOW in reference to Clint.

His balls..... he needs to let them hang LOW for us to have a shot in the WEST.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he needs to work on boxing out, hitting his freethrows, and making more accurate passes. wouldn't hurt to see a sports psychologist either

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

Capela owes the rockets and it's fans a big season, he sucked when we needed him the most and yet all the blame falls on everyone, except one of the highest paid guys on the team.

I saw him shooting some broke ass jumper for Switzerland and all the forgiveness I had for him disappeared, .....

ak99999 and PeterKingX like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope we can trade his contract for a Love soon.

This dude got paid and went to ****

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It'll probably add years to his career if he can hit that shot at a high rate ….

I'm still high on Capela , think he wasn't 100% during the GSW series ….

He owned Gobert in back to back years in the playoffs , and smoked KAT like a cheap cigar in that series with Minny.

Who doesn't struggle with Draymond Green ? He's the engine that makes that GSW machine go …. probably a first ballot HOFer when he's done.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Who doesn’t struggle with Draymond Green?

Lol.

Even that kid Looney could destroy Capela easily.
    Capela was just soft.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Yeah his broken jumper is really hard to watch.
    Besides dunking,I really don’t know what else he can do on offense.

ak99999 and pippsux like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I've been wanting him to develop a drop-step like Artis Gilmore's:

[​IMG]

A move in his repertoire like this would open up the lane so SO much for cutters. If he has this one single move, centers can't leave him to defend the rest of the paint. It would be GLORIOUS.

Watch Artis.. you just put that butt back towards the defender and pivot off of it. Easy, simple, doable.. Clint needs to master this move.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just checked up on Artis, dude was 7'2 to Clint's 6'10 and seemed to be a more skilled player.

At this point just watch some young Deke moves, he looks like a poor version of Deke.

Mix in some playmaking from the High post.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Capela needs to develop a corner 3, his current playing style will not age well.

He doesn't seem close though. Would catapult is into the best team in the NBA, but doesn't seem close.

17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Mutumbo is 7"2 as well. I don't think the Rockets want anyone to call for the ball in the post which is partly why Dwight is gone. Clint hits his paint shots at a very good clip off of penetration passes and offensive rebounds. He did look really bad against the Warriors, but I think that was more mental and the Warriors defense just being one step ahead on many of our redundant offensive sets.

The top of the key trap is really the play that lost us that series. When Clint would set the high pick and the Warriors would double team our guard, very rarely would the Rockets take advantage like they would against other teams. Our guards had trouble delivering the pass, and sometimes the pass would be a slow lob allowing the Warriors to recover. Other times the pass would be stolen or deflected. When we actually did deliver the ball to Clint around the free throw line, GS rotating defender wouldn't close out as hard as expected and the wing defenders would stay home.

All season long Clint would make the pass to the corner on instinct, but the Warriors made him actually survey the court and lose the 4 on 3 advantage. The same exact play is what Draymond Green is elite at. Draymond is really comfortable making his move without having to turn his back to the defender, just going straight to the hoop. Clint needs to turn his back or at least put a shoulder into the defenders chest for his space and timing. Neither of those moves are optimal for that particular play.

I'm not sure really sure what the solution is for the Rockets on that play to be honest, but I honestly feel that a solution to that one play on both sides of the ball is why we can't beat Golden State.

18. don grahamleone

What in the world are you talking about? Deke is 7'2" as well and he already uses the jump hook. The results aren't good.

I didn't say Clint should be just like Artis, I said Clint should develop ONE of his moves: the drop step.

Clint shoots 69% at the rim and 34% when he's out 5 feet or more. I put up an idea that helps him get closer to the basket when he's posted up and you counter with a jump-hook ala Deke that frequently forces longer shots? This makes zero sense.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They move alike, sure, the one is 7'2. To me.

Capela also looks like he is closer to 6'11 and even 7' but his game is not always above the rim.

20. don grahamleone

Rest assured, Clint can develop that drop-step move Artis does. He already uses the Deke jump-hook and the percentages are awful.