1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden giving in Bahamas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bungiman, Aug 11, 2019.

1. bungiman

bungiman Contributing Member

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden has always been more than willing to drop dimes.

saleem, dkoune, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  3. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

A consummate professional. (Clyde voice)

saleem, juanm34 and justinh like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Remember that time Harden just casually bought Troy Daniels $1000 dollar sneakers? Never Forget Harden was the first to give a cool million to JJ Watt's Hurricane relief fund.

5. Acura

Acura Member

Harden is a great man. And doesn’t do it for the spotlight.

6. fattz

fattz Member

I know he probably doesn’t want this to be know, but actions like this make the world a better place way beyond anything he can personally do —> The ripple effect. He gets it and gifts others because of it... Liked him before as a player but now respect him as a person.

Thank you James, you are difference maker

dreamshakin, Riz, saleem and 9 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

saw this yesterday on Twitter...some of the comments were straight trash...they were of the “10k is like $1 for Harden, he didn’t do anything” or ”Harden is just clout chasing” variety

8. jowman

jowman Member

People like that are trash. They wouldn’t donate if they had the money. But with that mindset they most likely don’t have any.

9. jowman

jowman Member

Harden one of the best stars in the NBA. Leonard a slimy POS. Funny how the media tries to flip the narrative.

Same people that buy into that **** probably also believe Epstein killed himself.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol brings out tin foil hat lol.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You will get this on social media every single time a celeb or organization donates. I saw people criticizing the Texans for a $100K donation one time with the same comments. It's easy to spend other people's money...

By the way, general side note (from personal experience, nothing to do with Harden, don't know the specifics, no room to comment here).

When you help a person in the third world or extreme poverty with a decent amount of money, you need to help them with some degree of financial literacy so they know how to handle it. Sometimes it's as simple as showing them how to use a bank or how to look for opportunities to step up to a better business model. The combination of some teaching with the money will multiply their chances of improving their quality of life. Who knows what Harden did - again, no comment there. Just rambling because I'm passionate about useful charity.

Awesome stuff.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Giving in to what?

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I am surprised he didn't give it out all in 1's.

hvic and MghtyPtrck like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It really is sad that people are like this. I understand picking on his game but what he does outside like charities and helping a family with 10000 or who he dates is just pathetic. He's my MVP while he wears a Rockets Uniform on and off the court. Keep doing you James!

roslolian, Killatron 2000 and Reeko like this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Playing devil's advocate for a bit here, but isn't it particularly dangerous to just be walking around, not just in the Bahamas but literally anywhere, with X amount of cash?

I get that Harden + friends = strength in numbers...but you're a recognizable basketball player who apparently has a ton of cash on your person. Seems like easy pickings for predators.

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Don't let Tilman see this or he'll be asking Harden to donate some money to help pay for our next acquisition.

lionaire and J.R. like this.
  17. mig0s

mig0s Member

Ever since Harden donated a mil to JJ's hurricane relief, he has gained my total respect. He just seems like a genuinely good dude off the court. For reference: CP3 donated 75k.

Oh and Les donated 10M. Tilman would've given out 50% Landry's cards.
    Les > Tilman

BMoney, topfive and Scarface like this.
  18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

where's this at? I needa go fishing at that spot in a raggedly or homeless outfit too

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

J.R. likes this.
  20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hardens a good dude

His mom raised him right.

He’s a mommas boy 100%.

1m to Harvey was big time.

I think the only celebrity that donated that kind of money besides Harden was jay z and Beyoncé. They might have given 2m tbh but their billionaires and have big ties to the city of Houston.

It just shows that Harden has a big heart.

Him and Lebron are really similar they get a lot of negative hate for their on court play and it feeds into a lot of ppl hating on anything they do ( I know they both have a lot of fans also)

But they both give a lot of time and money to charities. Lebron opening up that school and harden giving out a lot of scholarships through his harden charity that he does with his mom.

It’s truly great that we have such and awesome mvp level player on our team it’s even better that he stays out of trouble and is very generous with his time money and efforts around the houston community.

Riz and saleem like this.