1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest liars.... The Salesperson or the customer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tomstro, Aug 9, 2019.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Why didn't you just include a poll, dumbass?

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Attention seeking? Lol

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

All you said was the customer wants it or not. That is very oversimplified

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Thanks for the insult. Nice. Good contribution.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah I deleted what I said. Basically I think car salesmen are scum for the most part. Hell they’ve been made fun of for decades bc of the stereotype and when it came to actually dealing with them the stereotype matched the reality.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

True. They have. My car buying experiences have been very matter of fact. I dont buy expensive cars. I am only really interested in a reliable car to get me around for work and my wife loads the kids into the Dodge Journey lol. It is what it is.

I also think that the days of slimy car sales are coming to an end if you go to a reputable dealership. There are those “honest abe” type places for people on hard times or bad credit. They still rip you off but it’s usually your only choice if you find yourself at one of those places. Hate it or not, Honest Abe does provide a service though. They get you into a car when others won’t or can’t .

Again, I can’t ever lie to a customer. Would never help me. Would absolutely hurt me. Customers lie all the time. I know they aren’t obligated to buy and they aren’t obligated to tell you the truth either.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I can’t remember anytime I’ve lied about buying something or wanting to buy something. Why would I want to? I’m sure it depends what you’re selling, but cars, appliances, houses, oil field supplies for work, etc, I’m upfront about what I want. It seems like I been lied to by a lot of sales people in nearly every one of the areas I’ve listed. But for Cars, I’m strictly a CarMax guy now...in and out in an hour...fixed price...it’s perfect.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

some sales lady lied to my face about an electric shaver i just bought. she was nice, but was totally dishonest about the product. should have known better than buying a shaver from a female, so it's on me.

Tomstro likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude...I have 20 years of Sales experience (Degree in Marketing). From dealing with Retail to Corporate/Business Sales (Consultive Sales). No. Every Salesperson is not dishonest. I didn't say that. I said Sales people will protect their business (why deliveries are late, why you are trying to switch a client to something different, etc....). You may always give them the full picture ("You custom widget doesn't have the margins for us....won't cut it to a customer"). I have never lied to a customer, but I have left of a few details to keep the business.

vlaurelio, Jontro and dharocks like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't know if I've ever seen a more hilarious thread format take place. Here's what we're working with...

1. OP is a salesman.

2. OP creates a thread asking who are the bigger liars? Salesmen or customers?

3. OP then goes on to reply to nearly every post, by applauding everybody pro salesmen, and attacking everybody pro customer.

It's almost hard to believe this isn't a fatty thread with this level of blatant immaturity lmao.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

As far as my opinion on this thread, I'm sure customers lie more often, if you count little things like @Mr. Brightside mentioned with statements like I'll be back later (which really IMO is something I think most salesmen understand is likely someone just trying to be polite).

With that being said, I think salesmen's lies and dishonestly hurt people WAY more, especially with huge transactions like real estate, loan industry, cars, life/health insurance, cable/phone packages, roofing sales, even ****ing doctors.

A lot of salemen are ****ing savages that can ruin peoples lives. Customers USUALLY don't hold that kind of power.

Now I will await my reply of disapproval from OP.

13. Acura

Acura Member

That’s Gods plan

Jontro likes this.
  14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well the business is the one trying to make the profit not the customer.

I just bought a car 3 weeks ago and had a bad experience with a dealer that got mad that I had a appraisal from carmax, and blatantly blew a deal over 300$. Then calls and emails a week after later.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

We need some examples of lies that customers are giving. If I’m buying a car, I have a number in mind that I’m willing to pay. I negotiate with the salesman until that number is achieved (or as close as possible). Now the salesman might “lie” at first and say that they can’t let the car go for that amount..and I might “lie” and say that I can only afford this much. But really it’s negotiation.

So what are some lies you’ve heard that go beyond the scope of that?

16. CrazyJoeDavola

This thread seems to have been nothing more than a weak attempt of the OP to feel better about himself by dragging down those he lies to down to his level.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The person with the money has the control you are trying to get their money - they can say or do what they like......

The problem is most people don't want to be direct with sales people - just say "NO" I don't want to waste yours or my time.

DD

Tomstro likes this.
  18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Why would you come to that *******-ish conclusion?

19. CrazyJoeDavola

Because I am an ******* you dumb liar.

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I’ll be back to purchase is very common. Look you in the eye, shake your hand and then you never see them again. Call and they don’t answer. Thats one type of customer lie. Another would be “oh we are closing on a house so we cant do anything” ( obviously sometimes true). I do realize that the customer is under no obligation to be truthful. If they want to be low character people its their choice
    Well i can tell you’re an ******* because you act like one. You haven’t heard me lie though. So GFY dumbass.