1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Detained by force for legally open-carrying firearm?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drove to El Paso from...

HOUSTON!

Maybe we need a roll call? Which one of you righties was in El Paso today?

The other thing I've noticed is how many of these triggered MAGA idiots are 21, 22, 23, etc. Young hormone-laden idiots make great willing cannon fodder for old men's games.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Gun culture accelerated right after the civil war for a reason.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Boy looks too much like

[​IMG]

Ban this man from the 7 kingdoms at once.

Sajan likes this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

You know what else is legal...walking around 3rd ward around 2am counting cash.
    Should you do it? proooooooobably not.

This idiot is now facing 4 years in prison.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Remove his trigger finger.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

There are a ton of gun nut provocateurs who will carry an AR15 down a street and wait for someone to call the police just so they can video the encounter with police and cry that their civil rights are being violated.

The open carry laws really leave a gray area when encountering someone with an AR15 in public. I think generally to shoot someone legally it requires you to have a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. For me if I see a guy with an AR15 slung in front that automatically puts me on edge. Additionally, if the guy has multiple mags visible or is wearing some kind of tactical gear then I would be on with 911 and reaching for my own gun in that kind of scenario. What a screwed up country we live in.

8. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I'm sorry if these questions have already been answered, referring back to the OP:
    Was the guy who walked into the walmart with body armor + rifle breaking any laws? (of the that state)
    If not, wasn't it the fireman who drew on him the one who broke laws by brandishing and threatening?

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You got to treat it like the ROEs we had in Afghanistan. Don't shoot untill you get shot at. Make sure to train your 10 year old in Continental America ROE.

10. biff17

biff17 Member

Yeah the age of these guys is interesting, I bet none of them are getting laid.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

It hasn’t made you a radical nut job, oh wait...

12. biff17

biff17 Member

So now we know what your issues are.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't know the race of the fireman. That might tip the balance.

I've been noticing that too. That's what always makes me cautious when people say this era will pass when the old voters die away and are replaced with a new generation. There is apparently a segment of millennials who are embracing this white nationalist culture. I'm not confident that this issue will pass.

Idle thought: if we can't get any real gun control, would it at least be possible to limit open carry to handguns? Now handguns are probably the majority of the problem of gun violence in America. But, it's possible to wear a pistol in your holster without everybody expecting a bloodbath in the immediate future. So keep your AR-15 or whatever, but you can only handle it in a limited list of places: your property, the shooting range, and the trunk of your car as you go from the former to the latter or back. Maybe also an exception if you're shooting 30 to 50 feral hogs. I don't see why a municipality should have to tolerate someone slinging an AR-15 on his shoulder in town.

CometsWin and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

It's definitely the plethora of "anti-sjw" , "anti-cultural marxist" content on all formats of internet media, from tweets, youtube channels, private internet forums such as Stormfront etc.

Unfortunately, a lot of it has to stem with gaming culture, not the games themselves. In fact, game publishers are often the concentration point of hatred received by many alt-right white nationalist types as they see their games being infested with "cultural Marxism". There are literally dozens of highly viewed "gaming and anti-sjw rant" hybrid channels on youtube along with many Twitch streams. Most of the creators of these channels and live streams are merely grifters understanding that anti-sjw content is very addictive to a large group of 15-25 year old males.

#54 fchowd0311, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Basically you are putting forward the "everyone who disagrees with sjws (me) is a nazi" argument.

Essentially, you don't have an argument grounded in reality.

16. fchowd0311

I remember when the Doom Eternal teaser trailer came out a year ago and about 40 youtube videos were outraged about a few random tweets by random people who didn't like the trailer because they thought an element of the trailer was anti-immigrant. That type of unjustified spammed outrage is a weekly event in the "anti-cultural marxist" sphere of the internet. It's addictive to young men and teenage boys