1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest liars.... The Salesperson or the customer?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tomstro, Aug 9, 2019.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The most honest people I've met are used car salesman.

Tomstro likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think this salesperson is lying

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Great response! True too

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Fail

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just depends on folk’s experiences. My last car buying experience was an absolute joke. I was ready to write the dealership a check for $35,000+ to take a car off their hands that had been sitting for around 7 months. All they had to do was put four new tires on it (most of that seven months was a brutal MN winter). The salesman flat out lied a couple of times in front of his manager to my face and I called him out on it both times. I walked out, went to another dealership (part of the same auto group) and bought a similar car.

I have had salesmen tell me things that simply were not true. Lies or ignorance? Had the Magnolia team at Best Buy come out to install a bunch of equipment. The salesman had said the router would provide great coverage, even out to the dock. The tech installing the equipment said that was only possible if we left the glass doors open.

I have had plenty of salesmen provide me with misleading information.

And to your point about customers, I am sure there are just as many who mislead or lie to salesmen to try and improve their situation.

Tomstro likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

When I sold cars a young couple was buying a truck and I noticed a large screw in the tire.

I told my manager and he told me to make sure they didn’t see it.

I went over and told them about it. Manager was pissed at me. I told him I don’t do business like that.

On the other end I’ve had customers claim I said things that I never said all the time trying to get freebies. There are dishonest people on both sides. All I can control is myself.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. You may have never "lied", but you may have left information out....or framed information in a certain way. EVERY Salesperson, from Retail to Business to Business" has. Just the nature of Sales. You never lie to a customer or potential client....it will catch up with you. Now, Customers/potential Customers will lie, cheat, and steal if they can.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  8. biff17

biff17 Member

Says you.

i have been in sales and it's your fault for if a customer walks out of the store.

You seem to be taking something very personally.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Some things take more than one day to sell. Also, its obvious you have never been in commission sales

IBTL likes this.
  10. biff17

biff17 Member

What you don't think she's horny?

IBTL likes this.
  11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You have developed a mistrust of salespeople. To just assume that we all “frame” information that might not be true says that. Im sorry if someone was dishonest with you. Not every salesperson is dishonest. The crappy ones are maybe. They can’t lie if they work for my company.

12. biff17

biff17 Member

i have been in commission sales, hated it.

Still sounds like you could not close the deal or you could not tell the customer was flaky.

The customer is under no obligation to buy from you, it's very telling you will not give details.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Why do you insist that this is because I couldn’t close someone in some specific deal? If this was about one istance, I would’ve said that. I dont even sell on the floor anymore, I am a district manager. I did sell on the floor for many years though and
    to say that it’s “your fault if a customer isn’t closed in the store” is just so wrong. Thats why I know you must not have done it for long and the person who instilled that in you was an idiot.

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

My bad. Didnt mean to quote this again

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My cousin is a used car salesman and he tells nothing but lies. Fact is they dont know what's the history of the car so they just wing it. Steering wheel is hard to turn therefore forcing all bicep veins to pop out but he swears its smooth turning.

Tomstro likes this.
  16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Fair enough. Lol

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I’ve heard car sales is a tough job. Like with any commission job paychecks aren’t regular and with the internet, there isn’t fooling anyone. Turnover is high for failure to meet a quota. I believe dealerships have figured out the profit is in service.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

More and more dealerships going the non commission route. Many are also doing the flat rate per unit which eliminates the need to upsell someone.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i am dishonest to salespersons. i've caught many lying when i act dumb.

cept for @Tomstro, he the real deal.

what do you sale breh?

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Can’t remember anytime I bought a car in the past without the salesman trying to get me to pay more than what I initially should have. I would always have to threaten to walk out for them to bring it down to a reasonable level. I just go to CarMax now...what you see (car and price) is what you get...and you’re out of there in an hour tops...no sitting around for 4-6 hours waiting for the finance manager to figure out how to screw you out of more money. I never trust salesman...they’re always crooked in my eyes.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.