1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have the best big three in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 7, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

So why do you think this team will not make the playoffs again?

You where the one saying they were chasing the playoffs.

2. mastan

mastan Member

But possibly worst bench and Forwards.

3. Acura

Acura Member

In a conference stacked full of great forwards as well. Starting to think iggy is a must just for his defense

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they are. and if they are on the bubble they may look for better balance at the deadline. they are very forward heavy and extremely weak at PG. if we can get them a starting PG we can probably field a competitive offer. all depends on how they do and how we're doing. again, swing gordon's expiring and a pick for a starting PG, idk who shakes loose at the deadline, and send that PG to the magic if they are on the bubble to make the playoffs. Aaron isn't a franchise player, not a perennial all star, not an all NBA teamer. he's not untouchable if we can get them something they need.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

So you think starting pg would be more valuable than Gordon to them?

i see you are gonna die on that hill so I am gonna let you do that.

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

As a Rockets fan, I would make that trade in a heartbeat. Not sure if the Magic feel the same way...

7. TimDuncanDonaut

Out of the big three who's the most musically inclined?

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Capela only big in his body.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just don’t tell that Hakeem, Charles Barkley and Clyde Drexler

10. Caprah

Caprah Member

Seriously if Clint can’t become a all star with Harden arguably the greatest lob passer and pick and roll passer of this decade if not ever and u add Russ who made Adams a un athletic big man look good then dude needs to get traded.Brotha is on thin ice. Sink or swim season for Clint.i doubt morey will tolerate another Golden series like meltdown from clint

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

I do expect Capela to make a massive come back..like

bleaching his entire hair Rodman's style

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we can agree to disagree but if you keep asking me to explain my opinion don't get frustrated when I do so, or when you miss the point.

you think a non all star on a big contract in a small market with redundant players around him and a glaring need at another position is untouchable?

its possible he gets traded if the magic fall out of the playoff picture. and if we can find something the magic want from a team that doesn't want to take on his contract we can make a good offer. its a big IF but its possible. I don't think it'll happen because tilman won't commit to paying the tax, and there are too many variables, but its not as unfathomable and perplexing to me as it is to you.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

This is an interesting evaluation based on who would replace them in the lineup. So in essence it's not who are the best three production wise - it's who are the best three compared to who would replace them should they go down. Makes a big difference. I'd like to see a similar ranking with production per game and see where all of the "big 3" fall.

Edited to add - I haven't read all the responses yet, so someone may have already said this ;) I just hopped in for a minute to say hi and see what I've been missing!

Little Bit likes this.