1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying Political Donors

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So, a hypocrite, then.

Shame.

DD

VooDooPope likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Russian mob was just an example, half in jest. Please don't let it distract you.

I wasn't clear about the votes. Votes should be secret. I was talking about campaign donations as a manifestation of free speech. On the same logic that we make the vote secret to keep voters from being intimidated away from the polls, small donors perhaps also deserve secrecy to avoid them being intimidated away from donating ("speaking"). But a large donor is a different species. They are market makers, not price takers. They should be treated differently.

mdrowe00 and pgabriel like this.
  3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I don't like who Chic-fil-a supports politically but I do like their chicken so I choose to overlook it.

Its a sad day that now when I see a MAGA wearing, rebel flag flying person I assume racist douchbag. Lie down with dogs you might end up with fleas.

If the info is already out there I don't see a problem with people publishing the info. No one I know would target the business or person but boycotting the business is fair game IMO... especially if their chicken sucks.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Castro is acting like an entitled immature &*^%$. Seriously, this is juvenile stuff; but it tells you the Dem's mentality. Someone should tweet out his personal info; and he can see how much he likes it.

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

no but politicians money isnt... sorry.

Releasing it as a dox effort is wrong though.

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I have a question.

We have numerous threads here about right wing white men being a big threat and responsible for most of these mass shootings, etc. We also know that right wingers learn from lefty strategies and push it even further. They pushed through Supreme Court nominees after Harry Reid came up with the nuclear option to get lower level judges through. You are now seeing some places threatening to become sanctuary cities/counties against gun control. Again, something they learned from illegal immigrant sanctuary cities.

If you truly believe they are such a threat, do you really want them to relaliate and start outing donators that gave to liberals they hate? Seems like a recipe for more violence based on a lot of your own words.

jcf likes this.
  7. body slam

body slam Member

Stuff You Should Know podcast has a really good Dark Money episode about campaign contributions from March 10, 2016

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The actors need to step up and boycott Marvel movies at once.