1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Tilman, here's an example of "Whatever It Takes"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Aug 3, 2019.

1. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

There's a list of free agents. Who could we have gotten on that list that Tilman didn't spend?

2. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

You lost me at Ariza, that was a bad deal. Anyone would have been crazy to make that deal. An Ariza on our team last year doesn't get the rox a trophy.

biff17 likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What did Washington flip Ariza for ?

I'll give you a hint - a high potential young player with RFA status and bird rights.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol the owner isn't the one who misses open threes

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i use to enjoy watching them when they were going badly. Not because of them losing, but their fans were in every game going nuts

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we have had chances to win the title and haven't been able to get the job done. Having a "chance" doesn't mean you will eventually win it, it just means you are in with a shot at the title

7. Acura

Acura Member

Wow the man just shelled out the money for Westbrook even though morey didn’t want to pull the trigger. If anything I’d say this is admirable and the kind of owner I’d want

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

There are always ways to get a good draft pick or a guy who slip through the draft and wasn't picked. Morey is pretty good at picking these guys out

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think that's been debunked by Morey himself. Morey stated he was working on that deal before Tilman knew about it.
    But hey , you keep buying the BS from those fraudulent insiders that throw crap at the wall to see what sticks - This time it bounced back on them and their lies were exposed.

And he really didn't shell out anymore money (sure the extra year) but their salaries are identical other than that.

10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Tillman hires Imagine Dragon for a custom music video shoot with a Rockets Basketball theme but in reality proceeds to do not much of anything to improve the roster. He then ponders why fans are still mad at him... LOL

#110 Sanctity, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Unique

Because of Anderson and Paul contract situation, there is no first round rookie contract.

It’s all market contract. Tilman has to spend more to win championships.

12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Would have gotten us Kelly u