1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Mavs interested in Andre Iguodala trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 4, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We dont need them. Tucker will do, with the added rebounding of russell we ok.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm thinking he wants a large percentage of the 17m he's owed in a buyout …. where Memphis is only willing to give him a small amount.
    What puzzles the hell out of me is why they (Memphis) wouldn't be open to a trade that gets him off their books in exchange for a contract that's 25% smaller. That player would likely be happy taking a free $2m just for being part of the transaction and going back to the free agent market.

As it stands now , its how much Iggy values the freedom of playing where he wants / for a contender Vs that $17m.

D-rock and The Cat like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They believe they can get a first round pick for him eventually.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's easy iggy is worth more then any guy they would.get in a trade. They want picks. 8 teams think they can win, all 8 would love to.have iggy. Honestly that have a valuable player. They will get a good deal.for.him. it my take a while, but I never understood why more teams dont play hardball on these buyouts.

Icehouse likes this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

I guess this case is different considering it's the off season and it's not costing them anything yet. Or does it cost Memphis anything to hold onto Iggy until the season starts?

7. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Seems pretty lousy for Memphis to trade for Iggy just so they can flip him for a what will probably be late first rounder or something. Does this ever happen with popular veterans with good reps, like Iggy’s? For all the shite Morey takes for treating players like assets, I don’t see him making the play that Memphis did, were he their GM.

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Why would it cost them anything in season. Is iggy gonna not play. He has to. Play hardball. One of those 8 teams will bite

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He is under contract … It happens all the time.

Its after the trade deadline that these types usually get bought out , if teams cant move them for future assets - Not before the season starts.

A buyout now is the team throwing away an asset.

smoothie and luckyman76 like this.
  10. Hardy Toll Road

I really would just like to obtain Iguodola to keep him away from other contenders. He always kills us.

#370 Hardy Toll Road, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    smoothie likes this.
  11. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Rus just steals rebounds from his teammates. This was the argument all us Rockets fans said when he stole MVP from our boy Harden. Now we're just going to turn 180 on this guy? haha

Acura likes this.
  12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Why? It was understood from the beginning this was the case. Warriors dumped him just so they could sign Russell. Why aren't they lousy? Rebuilding teams do this all of the time to leverage losing to develop young CHEAP players. Now that tanking is not as valuable multiple assets carry more value than just waiting on the big tank. Rockets helped Iggy bloat his contract, team overpaid for the same reasons that we did because of the threat of loss. Iggy made his contract and he is living with it. I don't see the problem. Nobody should be crying for a non-starter making close to $20M on a team. Trust me he's very happy.

The Morey hate is like all double standards. The NY/LA media hates Houston because we threaten their competitive narrative and Morey although media friendly has a problem with arrogance. I appreciate him fighting for the players and I think that part of him is beloved and unfairly maligned but when he makes it about himself he exposes that bad side.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

why is this guy so hard to get , memphis owes us, get the deal done already geez. They are just trolling the rockets, wanting a unprotected first for this washed up scrub who maybe can only come out during the playoffs because of allen iverson ghost is a joke...

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We know he stole rebounds, but I consider harden a good rebounder, that's where I see russ rebounding when he not stealing them, which is still good

15. Acura

Acura Member

I think we could make it a strength though if we had a semi decent power forward. Push tucker to the 3 for at least some time per game. I really think we are underestimating the importance of the PF

D-rock likes this.
  16. Acura

Acura Member

As a lifetime Russ fan I can say you aren’t wrong here. The guy is a great rebounder for a guard don’t get me wrong but those are inflated stats

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We’ve been seeing. They won’t spend $$. Some are just ignoring what they keep showing us.

Iggy wont be a Rocket unless it’s on a minimum deal. I’d love to eat crow though.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

They may be. They have up until the trade deadline to settle for something like that.

19. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Don't get offended if people here call you a ROF. That's jsut what we do here. And you can wear the label with pride!

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

At that point wouldn't they only be saving 12.5%?