1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are shooter manifestos published?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Aug 4, 2019.

?

Should shooter manifestos and media accounts be public

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Since Sweet Lou could not let go of this argument weeks ago i will say this. If these groups go out and encourage violence against peopqle i think that should be taken down because that would be illegal anyway.

Saying we hate Mexicans and hate them comimg here is their right. Im glad i have my freedom of speech and its a slippery slope to condone censorship of anything that doesn't encourage illegal behavior

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saying you hate Mexicans and them being here IS encouraging violence against them.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Is saying you hate Republicans encouraging violence against Republicans?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you say the Republicans in our country are rapists, murderers, and drug dealers it might be. If calling them invaders of our nation and a threat to us it might be. If that person were the leader of the nation and expected to set the tone for the nation it might be. If a person who went out to kill as many Republicans as possible echoed those exact same thoughts, it would be reasonable to say that. If that person/leader was at a rally and laughed while people shouted out to shoot Republicans, then it would make sense.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Both sides of the political spectrum says vitriolic things about the opposition. I'm sure you've heard of the very distinguished vernacular of "libtards", "unAmerican, "terrorist sympathizers", "stalinists" etc.

The difference is that one side makes broad brush statements about specific races, ethnicities and religions and then turns the general public into believing those specific entities are the root cause of systemic issues in the nation thus creating a segment of the population who will resort to violence to cure the root of systemic causes.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member