1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 Months to wander the country... where would you go?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VooDooPope, Jul 29, 2019.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Did NO on the way back from key west. Had some mother’s fried chicken on Canal and spent a day there. Use to spend a lot of time there when I was a hard drinking younger man.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Bookmarked thanks

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I very well may make a similar route, minus the Alaska cruise. I may drive to Alaska next summer.

4. Buck Turgidson

Got reminded of this today, my buddy is in the middle of a Western roadie...lives in Taos, then Grand Canyon, then some route to Utah (did Bryce and multiple parks around there), and is now in Wyoming, not sure of their exact itinerary. Let me know if you want any of his thoughts and/or ideas, he'd be a great source to get ideas from.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Thanks. Taos was my first stop. Stayed there last weekend then headed to Ouray CO. The million dollar highway between Silverton and Ouray is spectacular. Spent a couple days in Ouray then headed to Created Butte. Just got to Glenwood Springs to visit a friend then may head further north. I’m sitting in a park working remotely trying to wrap up my day. So far a great trip.

6. Buck Turgidson

Didn't know you already were on the road.

Not having a set itinerary is the only way to fly.

eta: you just inadvertently reminded me of these:

eta: and if you're out there in the desert in the summer, you might want some

#86 Buck Turgidson, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    VooDooPope likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

So where ya at now?

IBTL likes this.