1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

It’s just stuff like this ...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by AstrosRockets1818, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Turgidson

ALDS/ALCS/WS wins

SemisolidSnake and desihooper like this.
  2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I find it weird that a post made specifically to idolize Luhnow starts with Biagini and follows it up with Osuna.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I didn’t do anything worthy of your criticism, constructive or rude. So, apology accepted.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yo, I was making a joke. I wasn't bashing Morey. Morey has been one of the most successful GM's in the last decade. He got us Harden for a scrap heap.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He still posts here? Love the ignore feature.

6. Jeremy Williams

If it's truly customizeable, put GM on the back in place of 2 digits.

7. SemisolidSnake

That was my definitely my first thought. It's not possible. Only integers, no letters. Just two of them. Phenomenally boring. This is all using the official Majestic jerseys through whatever online retailer you come across when you search "custom Astros jersey". If there was enough space between the zeros in 00, I could try stitching in some fabric to turn it into 0_0, which is is generally a good emoticon for what Luhnow does. But alas, no.

8. Jeremy Williams

Well, since you peaked my interest, I ordered one on Etsy for $42 tonight. I sent it through as LUHNOW and GM (number replacement). Etsy then emailed me asking what # I wanted and I told them I wanted GM in place of #s. They said they would make it happen. It's coming from China, so I guess they have more flexibility.

9. SemisolidSnake

I'll be interested to see how it looks when you get it. I'm not one to compromise on my visions for my silly ideas, so if the official people won't work with me, then they can forego my money. Might check out your guys if I like what I see.

Jeremy Williams likes this.
  10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I love how like the first 10 posts are about Morey. I used to be a big Morey guy and I still respect what he has done for the Rockets, but Lunhow has that extra "IT" factor.

Like Lunhow isn't just statistically smart (he IS at the top of the class in that regard, though) and he doesn't just make great trades (best in the business there)... but he also understands the importance of chemistry.

When you watch the team together, they just look like they enjoy being around each other. They perform at a high level but they are still willing to take pointers from others. No me guys on this team and when there is a small possibility of that attitude (Ken Giles), Lunhow ships him out of town.

It's clear these things are important to Lunhow. I can't say the same for Morey.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Jeremy Williams

I'll post a pic when I get it.

12. AstrosRockets1818

What’s so weird about that dip-****?

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't like Morey, never have. I have specified the reasons in other posts. I think he is massively overrated on several fronts. We don't have to agree. I respect your opinion. Remember this is all supposed to be for fun. We all get to play experts whether we are or not. It is fun to have opinions though, and even more fun when they are taken seriously.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

The biggest difference IMO between him and Morey was that he was able to convince Jim Crane to tank while Morey could not convince Les to do the same. Which in the end is why Morey kept having to make moves to win-now due to job security reasons instead of controlling long term plans.

raining threes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.