1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

False. I live in Texas and have always owned a gun. That is BS.

What I want is for the 30% of the country holding everyone hostage to do something ... anything to help solve this issue... but you guys are cowards to your representatives that you fall in line with because you are so easily duped by FoxNews talking points you’ll never speak out because “the libs” are always the enemy. Never look at yourselves for a lick of responsibility.

The blood is on the hands of your leadership who stoke white nationalism (that makes up not all terrorism domestically but increasingly more and more) and then refuses to do anything about stopping them with common sense measures that 70%+ of Americans support.

Stop b****ing about F-ing Liberals who want to take your guns and take some damn responsibility like an adult. This is on your leadership who are aided and abetted with weak minded supporters who fall into line way too easy. This is on you guys to figure out while you own all the power.

You have the right to b**** about what Libs are doing IF and WHEN they ever get power again but you can’t now because we have zero power at the moment. But at the very least if the Dems did have a shred of power at least we would be doing SOMETHING instead of acting like cowards.

#261 dobro1229, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-documents-conspiracy-theories-terrorism-160000507.html

It’s not copycats that are the threat it’s right wing terrorists.

Eric Riley, Hakeemtheking and Newlin like this.
  3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Dayton Ohio is your answer. And it won’t. See Las Vegas.

Serious question- the post is no longer there, what did POTUS tweet?

And why delete? Serious question, did he delete in order to add Dayton to his prayers? Two birds one prayer

conquistador#11 and Newlin like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

The core reason the shooting was done was because of white supremacist logic. It was very clear in the shooter’s “manifesto”. He also stated when he was arrested, without a shot fired of course, that he still wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible. There is no bias as far as that goes, those are the facts.

Newlin likes this.
  5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Well that is a logic I oppose as a Trump supporter. People matter not race color and that is something I believe in regardless of race. I believe in merit of people and actions. This is a great country where anyone should and could make it...but I make no apology for believing in the merits of capitalism and private ownership and helping small business succeed with as little regulations as necessary

#265 ROXRAN, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know, and I am probably not alone in thinking this, but I remember how after 9/11 the media and politicians were stressing the fact that there were thousands of soft targets across the United States like malls and shopping areas that al qaeda terrorists would target. This in part justified the PATRIOT act.

Yet almost 20 years later, the threat against soft targets is coming from within and not foreigners hell bent on destroying us. The same platforms that radicalized a generation of Middle Eastern men is also being used to radicalize American men.

Is this all a result of the Great Recession? It’s almost like history is repeating itself given parallels to the 1910s and 1930s.

Such a sad and depressing state of affairs.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Eric Riley and JayGoogle like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At least you can admit to yourself that if the only cost of those things is growing hatred of people like ME a brown skinned guy then that's a cost you're ok with. If you support this President on one thing you support him on his record fo hatred too.

10. conquistador#11

What did you think would happen when an entire group of people was being vilified by trump and his campaign?
    Vilifying a group with propaganda never ends well. The thing is, It shouldn't require that much effort to say : "We do not stand for tremendous hate. I condemn White nationalism it's not beautiful. America became great because of immigrants but there should be a process. I will be bringing extended work visas and not just to my beautiful mar a lago. I love Mexicans. Did you know Mar a Lago is Mexican for Sea to Lake. Not many people know that."

But no, he loves the chaos. Men like that never have the best interest of people nor country no matter which party they claim.

Eric Riley, Hakeemtheking and Newlin like this.
  11. ROXRAN

Government
    Serious question...which is more a national horrific safety threat: one that takes the lives of 16,000 or one that takes the lives of 80,000 per year? Both are bad. I’m not saying shootings like we see is not a problem but by listening to political hyperbole you would think regulation is the answer to everything but no one ever talks about alcohol death incidents and more regulation for that which is more dangerous. Guns is part of the constitution like it or not and can be regulated but as scary as it is, other things in society are less regulated but more dangerous. If anyone can promise a set of regulations won’t be going further till no gun rights then sign me up but until then I cannot trust politicians that don’t have regard for the second admendment.

12. ROXRAN

I agree with a lot of what you say here. I condemn white nationalism but I still believe in Americans first regardless of race

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Offer up Ts and Ps
    2. Deflect! It’s not access to semi-automatic weapons, military-grade ammunition and a cynical culture of passivity (“It’s too hard to do anything about this!”) that is contributing to this uniquely American crime; it’s mental health.
    3. Stand in opposition to the necessary increase in taxes to fund access to mental health. What are you, a communist?
    4. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

The conservative spin cycle is more reliable than a tariffed-to-hell Chinese-made washing machine.

Eric Riley and RayRay10 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean that is nothing more than a platitude. What does it actually mean and were previous adminstrations not thinking "America first" in their policies?

Eric Riley likes this.
  15. ROXRAN

Capitalism is good for anyone regardless of color. Work hard. Do well, treat people right. Make money ...that is what I believe in. I have a small business and if treat people right whether they are black, brown or white I get paid. If I don’t I lose them and color doesn’t matter.

16. fchowd0311

It's so simple. You should run for president.

17. ROXRAN

I believe in not open borders as an example and fair trade tariffs. We want fair deals that help jobs and grow the economy as been recently demonstrated. Also it doesn’t matter where you come from

18. fchowd0311

When were there open borders and when did previous adminstrations not thunk about the bottom line for the US when negotiating trade deals? Can you be specific? Provide some nuance please.

Also Donald Trump due to his elementary level of knowledge in regards to subject matters like trade deficits is shooting himself in the foot with his rhetoric. He has no clue that trade deficits are often a sign of a healthy economy due to citizens having more income to buy imported goods. So while he rages on about how massive our trade deficits are, all these tariff wars have done nothing and since his inauguration, trade deficits with China have INCREASED. Too bad Trump put his foot in his mouth due to his very child like understanding of economics. And regards to steel and aluminum tariffs. Those tariffs are most self inflicting dumbass tariffs one can muster. He wants to prop the steel industry in the US to "create jobs". If his end game goal is to "create more jobs", he is pathetically stupid. For every 1 job that exists in the steel industry, roughly 30 jobs exist under companies that use steel and aluminum for their product. So he is inflating one industry whole depressing industries that employ at 20-30x the rate.

19. fchowd0311

@Senator So it seems like the El Paso shooter was raised in a wealthy suburb of Dallas.

It ain't economic anxiety buddy. It's the **** people read and watch online being radicalized. It's the rhetoric from this current administration prioritizing demonizing minorities and convincing Americans that Muslims and undocomented immigrants are the biggest problem in this country, not our healthcare system, not money in politics etc. You show signs of similar radicalized rhetoric.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

President Obama didn't push racist rhetoric like 45 has done since before he ran Obama won a peace prize 45 hasn't .

Eric Riley and RayRay10 like this.