1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Zion Williamson be the GOAT?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by theimpossibles1, Mar 20, 2019.

?

Could Zion eventually be the GOAT?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Apples to oranges

2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Can still win an MVP unfortunately (Giannis)

No Worries and Jontro like this.
  3. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

His ceiling is Isaiah rider

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I hardly see anyone reaching mj accolades any time soon, most likely never.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i see him more of a paul pierce or ray allen lite.
    great but not goat.

Boki4MvP likes this.
  6. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Sure, but when Jordan's career was just starting, plenty of people were saying that about Bird, Magic, Kareem, etc.

I'm not saying Zion is GOAT material - I happen to think he'll be a special, exciting player but not in the GOAT discussion. Just that it's hard to see the GOAT coming, and the fact that most of us don't see it as being him is pretty much irrelevant.

ryano2009 likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Draymond is way more dangerous imo cuz he has a 3 pt shot. Zion doesnt seem to have any go to move other than dunk the basketball.

8. tmacman

tmacman Member

Wait, did you just say Draymond has a 3 pt shot? All future opinions from you are hereby rendered automatically invalid. *bangs gavel*

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's a career 33% shooter with a high 39% in his best year the only invalid here seems to be you.

10. tmacman

tmacman Member

Correction, career 32% and you consider that having a 3 point shot? One high of 39% but 2 years shooting 20 and 28% and only one year EVER being above 35%? Wow this was the easiest and quickest debate I’ve ever won. You are hereby still deemed invalid from this point forward.

11. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

You haven’t seen Dray play the last 2-3 years, huh? He HAD a three point shot.

Last year Zion shot 34% on threes and Dray 29%. Sure the NBA three is harder but it’s probably not 5% harder.

Zion’s better than you think. He can do more than dunk, and he’s REALLY good at getting to the hoop to dunk. Yeah he could use a better shot though.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Could Zion eventually be the GOAT?
    _______

Some of you need to read the poll question again.

13. CertifiedTroll

The current GOAT is Ricky Rubio, correct?

14. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

He hasn't been a reliable outside shooter in years.

The good news is that if you think Draymond is a good three point shooter, you're going to LOVE westbrook.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Almost assuredly, not. He likely won't ever be top 10 - 15. The odds are against him. We shall see.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I said Draymond has a 3 pt shot I didnt say he was an elite 3 pt shooter. Where does 32% from 3 not mean having a 3 pt shot? James Harden has a career 33% 3 pts in the playoffs are you saying he doesn't have a 3 pt shot? LMAO!

The debate is all in your head along with your moving goal posts. I like how some dude who only has 228 messages in 10 years is coming out of nowhere and calling me invalid lol. Just go back wherever you came from lmao

Exiled likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm talking about his entire career, obv Green is past his prime and his shooting is on the decline as well. I never said he was still a good 3 pt shooter and btw I already love Westbrook cuz I think he is an upgrade to Cp3 over the next 4 years

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

You realize college ball is easier than the NBA right? Adam Morrison shot 43% from 3 his last year in college and 34% his first year in the NBA so it can definitely be more than 5% harder. IIRC college 3 pt line is closer to the basket as well so the percentage can dip extremely hard due to longer distance and increased competition level.

If Zion is better than I think he should've tore up SL instead of getting injured 10 mins in the game. I'll believe he can do more than dunk when he does it against NBA competition.

19. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

My point wasn't that Zion is clearly a better three point shooter than Dray - it was that your point of calling Dray better because he can shoot threes was completely without merit. Dray can't shoot anymore, and it's reasonable to argue that Zion is already better at that.

And to your second point about Zion not tearing up summer league...so because he got injured in that game he must not be a great player? That isn't even in the same neighborhood as logic.

Believe what you want. NBA scouts, GMs, Coach K, and all the statistical evidence argue for him being an amazing player. The mere fact that we're debating whether a guy will be the GOAT when he hasn't played a meaningful NBA minute says a lot.

20. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

You said Dray has a three point shot. That's no longer true in any meaningful way at all.

Enjoy westbrook.