1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perkins: Morey scapegoated Melo bc of Tilman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Aug 2, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wait, wait, wait... So you're saying that the Rockets

a) wanted the media circus that comes with signing then quickly benching Melo
    b) never had any plans of actually keeping him on the team
    c) brought in Chris Paul's good friend specifically for the purpose of humiliating him

[​IMG]

#101 topfive, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

the delusions of these foolish Melo fans...my God

D-rock, ROXTXIA and topfive like this.
  3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I've got nothing against Melo (or you and your opinions) and feel bad for him the way things went down. But I don't think there was any sort of conspiracy to ruin Melo's career, especially from MDA. He was a big advocate for bringing him here and basically stuck his neck out for him.

IIRC, PJ Tucker (maybe Harden's closest friend on the team) told Melo to "get with it or get lost" when the Rockets were struggling. My best guess is if guys like Harden and PJ wanted to play with him he would've kept right on playing.

The same goes for other players that people here like so much (including me) like Faried. Do you really think MDA would tell Harden to STFU if Harden begged him to put in Faried? I seriously doubt it.

It sucks for Melo, I know he can contribute and know he wants to play, but he can't outrun his negative attributes like he once could.

D-rock likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is the most ridiculous thing I've read on clutchfans in a very long time and that's a pretty high bar.

Nook, IvanLCPM, fckbandwagons and 5 others like this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Welp, they said the same thing when I posted the Rockets wanted Westbrook. So have your way

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yes, or the Rockets didn't care

Yes again. Hence why they pursued him for 3 offseasons then cut him the 1st 10 games

Absolutely. He allegedly previously got 2 coaches fired affiliated with the Rockets. Jeff Bzdedlik quits shortly after we got Melo, then magically appears right after we cut him. Melo was the ultimate professional here, so there was no reason to cut him

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Morey must have a target on his forehead.

They signed Melo. Sucked overall. Even thought for five minutes about abandoning the switch defense. Instead cut Melo, who showed himself to be a bad fit, nothing personal. Why the big deal?

Melo would have a job somewhere if he was about winning basketball. Happened to Iverson. You just don't fit anymore.

topfive and Plowman like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Even Dwight Howard has been able to bounce around the league for a few seasons after he was "scapegoated" by the Rockets. Melo should consult with Dwight on how to get a job in the NBA.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Melo seems to trigger some weird emotions out of his trolls lol. You can't even fully explain your own posts. Just admit your hatred for Melo is 95% emotional & unbasketball related

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Ever wonder how things like the national enquirer stay relevant ? That crap sells ...

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Meh , they cut him because he wasn't good at basketball anymore. The game changed , his game fell off , it was a poor fit.

No harm in trying for the minimum … it didn't work out.

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

this whole "lets feel sorry for melo" BS is getting old man... its not the rockets fault for cutting ties with an experiment that didnt work out, its a business, get TF over it... theres a reason he hasnt been signed yet..

14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We were under .500 with him and until Bzdellick returned. Playing GS was not in the cards with Melo on the team.

topfive likes this.
  15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So because we were under .500 the first 10 games of the season, you've determined Melo's useless against GS in the playoffs? You do realize we sucked after he left & when JB came back

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tillman only fans @sirbaihu and @chenjy9 sweating bullets.

Rockets only fans being proven right, this cheapskate is running our team into the ground!

17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We were under .500 much longer than that. We were not good for the first third of the season. I think the return of Bzdelik had a lot to do with the turnaround. He wasn't coming back with Melo on the team. So, what I'm saying is that if we had stayed the course with Melo, we very likely weren't going to be playing GS in the playoffs anyway.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody else picked up Melo
    He was not good with OKC and us
    It was a good thing we didn’t pay him

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Um, you do you realize we made changes to the roster like Austin Rivers & Kenneth Faried. So if we kept Melo & also added those 2, we'd of increased our chances significantly

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Is Melo an old high school friend of yours or something? Just curious.

#120 topfive, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019