1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Tilman, here's an example of "Whatever It Takes"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

1) Guess what Tily, they are not certain to win the title and they are paying the LT. $129M and $138M committed to their four max players. Minimum players would love to play there. They still spent money. And will get minimum/MLE signings. It's called believing instead of hiding like a little b*tch behind the idea that you know what's worth the LT and what's not.

2) Tily, when they lost KD, they acquired Russell. Not because he's going to win them anything, but because adding productive salary is the best way to be able to trade your way to a contending roster. You will understand when they swap Russell for Covington and Teague and tear up the final 2 months of the season going into the playoffs. If you were running the Warriors, you would be signing minimum players and contemplating whether to trade Draymond or Thompson for an upgrade.

3) Tily, halfway into Morey's career, the Warriors were not raking in gate receipts and tv money. Guess how that happened.

4) You have a GM who has the 2nd best wins per dollar over the past 15 years. Guess what happens if you let him spend LT money.

Tilman is a major obstacle for this team, even if Les was too.

#1 Mathloom, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    glynch, dreamshakin, Sadboy and 40 others like this.
  2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Foxsports suggested trade: DLo for Tobias Harris, make both teams better.

Tilman should give Gordon extension, extension max is cheaper.

#2 BigBum, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Cdub37 likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

To be honest op that's about playing the guys that built you a new arena that did win. Plus they also have a pretty good chance to win again with 4 allstars. So I dont see the whatever it takes applying here lol. But hey bash Tillman lol.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What's up with the inferiority complex? Are you mad that other teams didn't give us their players for free during the CP trade so we could increase our payroll? We've got Russell Westbrook now. Don't forget to celebrate a little. That's pretty big news.

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

People act like that core of 3 superstars didn’t win 72 games in a year. They still have star power and they have the best chemistry out of all the contenders.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s a pretty good deal for Draymond

Mathloom likes this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

I don’t think GS are title contender, 7 players are 23 or younger. Half team.

Young players don’t win championships.

Bench combination WCS and Spellman are comparable to starters Capela and Tucker?

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Meanwhile down the street at Minute Maid...

hvic, Lawlruschang, naldodiaz and 8 others like this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Complaining about the owner will get you far lol
    At least you can do it every day of your existence.

Lawlruschang and roslolian like this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont understand why people want to defend Tilman... I thought Les was given undeserved grief from fans - but at least he didnt run his mouth like Tilman does...

I understand its a business... I get it... paying huge dollars for someone like Iggy prob isnt a wise financial move... no prob, again its a business... but for Gods sake - stfu...

jus sayin... lol

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't get it. Do we have 4 players we should commit $130M to in order to match this feat?

jchu14, roslolian, javal_lon and 4 others like this.
  12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Guys, if you look in my thread history, you will find the thread I created after Durant went down saying we're still facing a 72-win team (and getting bashed for it). I know what the Warriors are without KD. I know that Curry is the constant in their insane dynasty.

DLo is a paper all star and the Warriors know winners. He will be gone. They can not win anything with the roster as its currently constructed. Barnes/Iggy/Bogut/Livingston mattered in their best times. Expensive role players matter. That's why they will trade Russell the all star for 2 great rotation pieces. It will be 3 All Stars.

You think Tilman is willing to pay for that? lol

The Warriors past 7-8 years displays an ownership that is willing to spend beforehand and take risks to win. This is a continuation of that culture. The competition is much better than they faced, and that 72-win team lost in the Finals btw. Nothing is guaranteed, and less so now than they had to face before.

The Rockets are the exact opposite, and even worse with Tilman.

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I didn't realize the Warriors just lucked into this situation. My bad.

OtisHerrera, da_juice and jerryclark like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Here's two things that are lingering around like a wet fart

Take care of ego. We didn't win it all like donkey, but he's been instrumental to our success and chemistry.

Put MDA in a position of success...Or drop him and own it.

Quit the cable reality show posturing already.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some of you guys are getting annoying, man. Give it a rest.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And that team is done winning Championships.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And they all will be over 30 this season. Plus they don't have the same bench. No Iggy. Thompson will be coming off an ACL. The Warriors are done as title contenders.

roslolian, vick and don grahamleone like this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Tilman sucks. Not much else to say about it really.

hvic, OtisHerrera, da_juice and 6 others like this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

POS is not willing to go all in b/c he wants guaranteed income from this business. if there was no doubt we were getting the #1 seed and gonna steamroll to the finals, he'd probably pay for more depth knowing he'd surely recoup it all with gate revenue thru 4 rounds. but exactly opposite of what he claims in public, he is literally counting every mil spent here trying to maximize his take-home profits at the end of each season. POS boasts himself as a wildcatter when in reality he's just a shortsighted frightened p***y socking away every nickel & dime that falls into his sweaty palms

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They might also be past winning championships for couple more years, who knows.

Klay seems to believe, he'll come back as Superman, more explosive, we'll see.

Mathloom likes this.