1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess there is only one thing left to do....

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by AstrosRockets1818, Aug 1, 2019.

1. AstrosRockets1818

Win the whole ****ing thing.

I can’t wait. October 2017/Nov was the best time of my life.

We are going to do it again.

2. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

3. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Couldn’t ****INGG agree more, I laid on the floor and balled tears. That was ****ing epic, Im 49 and I was 5 when my dad took me to the Astrodome for my first game, too bad dad died in July 2016 and didn’t get to live through this...Hard to believe this is where we are now..

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yordan Cerrano is ready

[​IMG]

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

My first game was 1979 in the dome against that famed pirates squad. Lost by a lot, I think. Yet, the experience was pure magic. My dad took me and my brother. The Dome was a very special place for a baseball game. Miss it.

Rock Block and right1 like this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

This is the Astros version of the worn-out smug Morey pic. I say use it over in the GARM as well in place of that. No explanation.

jsingles and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dynasty incoming

Rock Block likes this.
  8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Hopefully the Astros just keep this team together for couple more teams. Need to collect all the rings possible.

Rock Block likes this.
  9. msn

msn Member

Same here, but I think it was '80 or '81. The Pirates beat us 7-1 (IIRC), but I was hooked: on baseball, on the 'Stros, on the 'Dome, on all of it. Never looked back. Was so stoked when Garner came to H-town a couple seasons later.

10. Nero

Nero Member

..go through their pockets and look for loose change..

[​IMG]

leroy likes this.
  11. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I was an Astros buddy around 82. My mom would take me to several games a season. The dome truly was the eighth wonder of the world back then.

Had tickets to WS game 5 in 05. That didn’t work out so well. My mom passed in ‘14 which was the only bittersweet thought I had about the 2017 WS.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Didn't someone make a "Deal With It" GIF of this picture of Luhnow.

13. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

When I was but a lad, my mom used to drop me and my friends off at 10AM at Astroworld. And would give us money to buy tix for the stros across the parking lot. Would pick us up off Kirby at 10pm. Those were good times.

msn, Tomstro and Nook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

"So yeah I kept telling everyone my balls are HUUUGE.... Ask my wife, ask your mom........ like YUUUGE."

CrazyJoeDavola and AWIN like this.
  15. AWIN

AWIN Member

I mean no such thing as a sure thing, but got some old school R&B playing in the background, a couple glasses of wine for a night cap and panties are dropped...

16. SuraGotMadHops

Oct/Nov 2017 was such an unforgettable time in my life. I was still washed out from Harvey. I wanted (needed) them to win it all so bad, I was waiting for it my whole life. I was able to attend Game 1 of the ALDS and saw Verlander pitch and Altuve hit three homers. After that, there were moments that got too tense I couldn't bear to watch - and being a Houston pessimist, I couldn't stand to see us fail.

HOU/BOS Game 4 when we fell behind I couldn't take it. Then, thanks to following the game action on clutchfans, when I saw the series of posts that said "BREGMAN!!" I tuned back in and watched us clinch. When we fell down 3-2 to the Yankees, I couldn't bear to watch Game 6. I tuned back in for Game 7. Then, in Game 7 of the WS, after we took that early lead I turned away again because I knew I wouldn't be able to shake off a collapse for the rest of my life...but then CFM came in and I watched the rest, then celebrated the night away.

Some of the posts on here and the texts that were exchanged during the playoff run will never be forgotten. I still have the "f*** yeah!!" text my buddy sent me after Marwin's Game 2 homer. The "phew!" when Astros pitchers got out of a jam, Not sleeping all night after the adrenaline of Game 5 just wouldn't wear off.

Just a surreal period of time that will always be dear to me.

naldodiaz and Tomstro like this.
  17. AstrosRockets1818

For 2017 I went to games 1&2 for the ALDS. And games 1,2,6,7 for the ALCS. Game 6 of the ALCS was the most terrified I've ever been in my life walking into a stadium. Up 2-0, and then lose 3 in a row at Yankee Stadium.... here comes choke city. JV dominated. Game 7 I knew we had it.

I also went to game 5 of the 2017 World Series. I spent 900 bucks to sit upper level. After the first inning I wanted to throw up lol. Best game of my life... maybe best WS game ever.

I was 7-0 that postseason.

naldodiaz and Tomstro like this.
  18. Nero

Nero Member

It's funny, considering Houston is still primarily a 'cursed' sports town, but we have been very lucky to have had two of the greatest championship runs in pro sports history - the 2nd Rockets ring, and the 2017 Astros run. Both of them were right at the top of the all time greats.

What we have lacked in quantity, we have made up for in quality.

Now I will certainly be happy to have more quantity too! Go Stros! :D

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  19. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

20. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

“The Astros won the World Series.” I just kept saying that over and over again for like a week.