1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas: "This (Rockets) team will not be successful"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11206, Aug 1, 2019.

1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Yeah we lost a lot of size trading Chris for Russ. What a idiot.

2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

he is garbage

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Not sure how anyone can wade through those first 10 minutes of slow-witted cluelessness and still give credence to anything being said.

RichieBanks, Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

ive been saying this... we will not win a title with PJ tucker and clint as our frontline, and noteworthy backups. chandler has size, but cmon yall he is 37. we will be lucky if he can play 12 mins a game, and there is no way he can do any switching.

i feel like we will be an awful defensive team. we better have a hell of an offense thats for DAMN sure.

RichieBanks and ak99999 like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Next up: what Andray Blatche, Chuckie Atkins, Jared Jeffries and Antonio Daniels think!

tmoney1101 and NIKEstrad like this.
  6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Ask the Utah Jazz how all of that size has worked out for them the past couple of years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Mr Chuck Norris

Honestly they just ran into us. I like Utah to give the rest of the conference outside of GS a run for their money if they didn’t run into us the last two years.

BeBreezy likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m mainly worried about the fact that we don’t have a legit, starting caliber SF...we also need a backup 4 with some size

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Length and size can’t guard you out on the perimeter. So, if Harden and Russ break you down off the dribble in iso play, that triggers your interior D, then what? Someone’s gonna be open. We all know the league HAD to use ref influence to offset with Non-calls... I.e. Kevin Durant blatant out of bounds calls. If not, the rockets would win almost every time they hit 3’s at a good clip. Now you got 2 of the top 5 most unguardable perimeter players, both who have played PG positions and know their progressions. Yule C

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I agree that size is a huge concern. And frankly I’m surprised Morey didn’t address it this offseason. I’m gonna bet that we’ll see them add size at some point before the playoffs, either through trade or a buyout situation.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its about to work out great adding conley and bogdonovic. you cant load up on mitchell with those big threats, plus ingles.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

According to Gilbert; Cp3 is 6’2, Westbrook 6’6, Bron 6’10, PJ 6’3

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am waiting to see how we look with House first. I Do agree that we need to add height. I feel like with the addition of westbrook it is redundant to have both austin rivers and ej. One of them is not going to get much playing time and I think we can send one out to get the piece we need.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Show me a healthy Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins and a healthy LeBron James in the playoffs and maybe we'll have a serious discussion.

I have my doubts that LeBron is likely to get another significant injury because someone in that starting line up is going to be used by smaller faster point guards.

Sure we don't have size but it wasn't our the entire reason why we lost last year against the GSW. We didn't have a group that was willing to do whatever it took to win, this year's squad might have more motivation to try to win. Who knows, the team that's going to be more dangerous is definitely the Clippers.

Way more worried about how that group is going to work it's way out of the regular season, they have a pretty darn solid core and they added two elite two way players that can both play off the ball..

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ever since Gilbert started clowning PJ for his size and calling him garbage since he became a Rocket, I couldn't take his analysis that seriously.

hakeem94, adw and don grahamleone like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nice comments mostly. Reality of not having pgs is going to hurt these opponents of ours that are so ‘tough to beat’. Most of y’alls comments are spot on in my opinion.

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

why couldn't tucker guard LeBron and Capella guard AD? who on the lakers are quick enough to guard all 3 of the rockets guards? why are we so sure that we would not start HOUSE

18. kevcai

kevcai Member

This guy says Melo can't contribute (I'm not saying he can) because he only played 10 games last year and played horribly for the Thunder the year before so he is out rhythm. Two seconds later he suggests picking up Monta Ellis because he has speed to be a creator...when was the last time Monta played meaningful NBA minutes??

Gil was a great/fun player but he's delusional as an "analyst".

19. fattz

fattz Member

The addition of Westbrook makes Eric Gordon odd man out, IMO —> size, skill set, contract, fit, and Rivers & House signing multiple years on the cheap, too. Not a good look for Gordon —> on his last year of his contract. Letting him walk after the season doesn’t help long or short term.

He is right, we are small and over matched a lot. 6 & 7 man where put in the starting lineup. Fried and Rivers addition made it work last year. In the playoffs coach’s short rotations is what it is.

20. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Tyson Chandler ?