1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets renounced draft right of Marko Todorovic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Aug 1, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

2. alethios

alethios Member

So would I

DD

D-rock, jboslett and smoothie like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No harm done, I was thinking you might have read something you did not like.

I knew the Rockets were not San Antonio, I am pining for what it is yet to come, to foster a legit Euro star like Dirk, like Pau, like Marc, like Tony Parker.

I take Scola but we could have used someone younger. The possibilities were there with Llull who could have been more than decent but it did not work out.

Deckard likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rui Hachimura is Japanese. He was born in Japan and raised in Japan. This is just inaccurate. His mother is Japanese and his father is from Africa but he is Japanese. That's not forgetting his heritage. He's the best Japanese NBA prospect ever and he considers himself Japanese.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I really screwed up.

Yes, I'd love to get a legit European star. I guess Capela's the nearest thing to that since we got Scola (Viva Scola!), but Luis was a vastly different player, besides playing a different position (and being from Argentina!). Scola was an international champion who came to the NBA in the latter part of his career. The 3 seasons when he was really cooking, starting his 2nd season with the Rockets when he'd figured out the league, the guy was a marvel to behold. He was for me, anyway. How I wish we had that Luis Scola now at the 4.

#25 Deckard, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Maybe the Rockets foster Isaiah Hartenstein into a good big man?

Mazulis, Deckard and daywalker02 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I guess he is. He is of mixed blood. Might have been better off leaving out his case. (Although he does not look Japanese to me. ;) at all.)

His case is a tad different from Capela's. And a different one from Luol Deng whose family had to flee because of civil war and unrest.

Many fled because of war, hunger, poverty......either first generation, second generation or 3rd.

8. csj

csj Member

You have to try hard not to see the racism in that comment. Africans are "still African" within 3 generations?

You may not think your comments are racist but that doesn't mean they aren't. You and Jimmy the Greek have a lot in common.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

european guys tend not to like houston as a city

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I suspect it could also be position based. With Llull, you knew he was going to take care of the ball, but you have Harden, had CP3, now you got WB and Eric Gordon.

With DMo it was just trust, I think he was a rotation guy at best, we gave up too early.
    Yeah, his agent sucked too.

I am not sure how we couldn't get Gentile over to at least play in Summer league.

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Another Rockets legend down the drain

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

In before "Tilman is a cheap owner" ... wait, too late. :oops:

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Seems odd - he actually had a good season last year

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree - LOVED Scola! Prob is he wouldnt even be considered nowadays... .059 3 pt shooting in 5 seasons with the Rox... thats the prob when we paint ourselves into a corner strategy wise... miss out on potential talent that doesnt fit the mold... jus sayin...

Deckard likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Believe it or not, with Toronto at age 35, Scola hit 65 out of 161 attempts from 3. That's 40%. Shocking, isn't it?

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Makes you wonder if he later worked on the 3 ball to try to prolong his career - or if he always had that untapped potential that was never cultivated... after only taking only 17 3s in 5 seasons in Houston...

Deckard likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

* Congolese/Angolan

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Back in the days, if you were a post player, you were not supposed to wander out to the 3pt line. Scola was a magician in the paint. His footwork and the patented scoop shot earned him the "Icecream Man" nickname.

Now everybody shoots the 3 unless you can't shoot. I am pretty sure Yao would have done some 3pt shooting if he played in today's game.

kjayp and Deckard like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Too true. Scola was a wizard, a true star in the paint. (Todd Rundgren with a basketball!)

Easy likes this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well there goes our championship window.