1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... this twitter thread on crime-infested places...

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

What’s in your wallet?

cml750 and BruceAndre like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, I clicked your link and searched their articles for "Trump self-dealing." Found one article throwing shade on the idea that Trump's use of Trump Foundation money to settle Trump Org suits was inappropriate. Found another article throwing shade on the idea that Trump organizing government events to be hosted at Trump hotels was inappropriate. I don't know what's going with Cummings, but I do know what's going on with your source: they have no credibility, applying a wholly different standard for what should be cast as sinister depending on the character involved. The inappropriate self-dealing they suggest Cummings engaged in is exactly the behavior we've been complaining about Trump doing. The key difference being, I don't have enough information to know if the self-dealing was really inappropriate in Cummings' case, but it certainly is inappropriate in Trump's case.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

So you’re saying he’s been doing what Trumps been doing but you aren't worried about what he was doing because he isn’t Trump?

#965 mick fry, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  6. mick fry

mick fry Member

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know whether you actually are missing the point being made, or just pretending to miss the point.

It isn't the word infested by itself. It's that Trump only uses it against candidates of color. He doesn't use it against white critics. The issue is that people see that Trump says and treats opponents of color different than he does white opponents. Saying places are infested isn't racist in itself. Saying it only about black opponents home locations like is racist.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

C’mon guys! It’s not like Trump called them thugs.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s downright silly, he said the city was infested the city! He said the same thing about New Hampshire. This is why he’s going to win again because most sane Americans can see you all have lost your minds. I seriously believe he could step in **** and the headlines would read “Trump steps in ****, the racism must stop!” Today the president stepped in **** and then vigorously wiped his feet afterwards indicating he didn’t approve of the ****. You never see him going around stepping in white ****.

cml750 likes this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Excellent post. The sad thing is I believe some of them have actually convinced themselves he is racist.

mick fry likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Elijiah Cummings never criticized Trump, do you think he would bring up Baltimore? If not, how could you think his views on Baltimore come a altruistic love of the residents of Baltimore than pure political hatred of a political opponent?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

So you agree it’s not racist, just political.

13. fchowd0311

So a president concern trolling is fine with you?

Also, in your personal life, when you make a judgement of a particular action of a human you know personally, do you judge specific actions they take while ignoring all context of the history you know of said human?

So stop trying to isolate Trump's actions as isolated incidents where previous things he has said doesn't matter. If all you can do in his 70 years of living is find one instance where he called a non-black/Hispanic region "infested" , while ignoring the 20 other times he referring to non-white regions as "infested", then you obviously are trying really hard to just find an excuse to not see his racism.

Trump isn't an ideological racist like self labeled white supremacists. He's a casual racist.

14. havoc1

havoc1 Member

This is a great point. It's not as if this is Trump's first time to say something that can be construed as a racist remark or comment. If it was then I would agree that this comment by itself wouldn't lend credence to Trump at least having racist tendencies, but it certainly does when combined with his many other potentially racist incidents (***hole countries comment, "go back where they came from," vilifying all people that are trying to come to this country from the southern border, "Good people on both sides" comment).

At a certain point let's call a spade a spade.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Still going back and forth over this? Look no further than the Central Park Five case. As recently as the 2016 election, He doubled down against the falsely accused and imprisoned teenagers who were exonerated by DNA evidence. He claims he was right to take out a full page ad calling for the death penalty for black children who never committed a crime, but since they admitted it to the police he was justified then and even now. He has never taken back his statement that he thinks they committed assault and rape

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. mick fry

mick fry Member

The slippery slope that the left has lead you down as everything is racist for political gain has demeaned the word. If everything is racist then nothing is racist.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm explaining the arguments to you. Because you seemed to be focused on the word infested. I have no idea if this particular attack is racist. Plenty of others are.

18. fchowd0311

Trump advocates, I really want you to understand the cockamamie logic you were supporting. Essentially, if a politician's district is **** and you want the president to not be vocal about it, praise Trump. Be kind to him. Be on his side. And we can just sweep the poverty levels of Kentucky under the rug.

Foreign leaders and diplomats already understand this.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So you are telling the racists at GoyTalk and other white supremacist groups that they are wrong and Trump isn't racist. I think these dedicated racists are pretty good at spotting racism. You probably know he is too but can't bring yourself to admit it and live with the fact that you support a racist.

20. fchowd0311

Trump is the LEAST RACIST person in the history of mankind according to Trump.

Now let me find the tweet or quote of Trump telling a white citizen to go back to the country they came from.