1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Sanchez to Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by davidio840, Jul 31, 2019.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

2. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

3. jsingles

jsingles Member

3-14

ERA over 6.......

4. jsingles

jsingles Member

Biagini the better player in the trade, eh move.

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Damn, nice Sanchez is still young so we must see lots of value as a reclamation project. Dude had an awesome 1st 3 seasons in the league. What happened to him? Meh on trading Fisher, glad we got 2 hopefully worthy players out of the deal and don't have to give up anything else. Figured 1 of Fisher or Tucker would be gone this deadline.

raining threes and vince like this.
  6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

All for Fisher? Not bad.

Terrible ERA, but 94th percentile in curve spin.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Sanchez is a fine reclamation project which worst can eat innings at the BoR. Biagini is also a guy they might unlock into an elite setup man but at worst will be an established arm behind Osuna/Pressly. Fisher had no path forward with Houston and even though he has star potential, they got good value.

CheezeyBoy22 and raining threes like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This guy has all the qualities of another potential reclamation masterpiece.

conquistador#11 and BigM like this.
  9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Cal Stevenson, who turns 23 on September 12, is an outfielder who was the Blue Jays' 10th-round pick in 2018 out of Arizona. He's a career .325/.439/.444 hitter in 149 career minor league games.

Currently, Stevenson is hitting .298/.388/.393 with 5 home runs and 50 RBI in 90 games for Class A Advanced Dunedin.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I mean, the guy looked awesome a couple years ago. He’s still young. Unless he’s a head case or otherwise fundamentally damaged, he has all the tools to be rebuilt. Right now he’s not good. I don’t see how he helps us this year to be perfectly honest, unless we lose somebody for the rest of the season to injury.

11. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

His blisters needs to go away. That's what's been bothering him the last 2 years or so. Also he was a starter but heard earlier this year, teams felt he would be much better as a relief pitcher.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Luhnow you son of a b****. Getting a younger version of Fisher in Cal Stevenson.

13. htownbball

htownbball Member

Great deal IMO. Biagini is a potential Pressly type guy who might be able to have great results given his stuff. Throws mid 90s and has a good breaking ball.

Almost seems like Sanchez was a throw in, but he's got potential to get back to where he was.

Houstunna likes this.
  14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

both are avg and below avg, at best

16. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I actually personally know Aaron Sanchez. He is family. Grew up with him. Same high school. I believe he will be good for us. Being on the same team with Stroman didnt help even though they use to be best friends. Some of the issues with his fingers werent all because of a baseball either. He had an accident last season that wasn't from a baseball. I'm happy though to see him with us. Now he has a chance to win and with a great organization in a great city with coaching and veterans behind him. I only ever followed the bluejays because of him. Now I dont have to. He is a starter still even though there was talk with bluejays to love him back to the pen. Astros might use him out of the pen though wpuldnt be surprised.

17. Buck Turgidson

Game7 and RocketJedi like this.
  18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Sanchez was literally a TOR pitcher "at best" so it kinda sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about. Nvm the miracles our staff have performed on other teams cast away pitchers.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm guessing a guy out the BP? 3-14 with ERA over 6 is kinda hard to see beside Verlander, Cole, Miley and Zack.

20. Buck Turgidson

Sanchez is straight up found money as far as I can tell, a 5th starter? They gave up nothing?

And they got a reliever who can maybe help? How ****ing awesome is that? They didn't give up much? Even better.

raining threes likes this.