1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EG3: Astros owner does whatever it takes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Seems obvious. He wants another player besides Luxe Savings. And he wants an extension. He's right on both counts to be honest, even as I'm not sure the Rockets should be the team to give it to him.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

?????

3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

But there is a competitive balance tax. I don't know, off the top of my head, whether the Astros are over it, but they're close.

I never thought Crane would open his pockets again for someone like Greinke. I hope people shove the comparison in Fertitta's face till he's sore. Maybe then he'll treat the Rockets like a potential championship team.

Jake Tower and PeterKingX like this.
  4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

EGo is taking a jab @ Tilman. No question in my mind about it and I love it. Tell TF to get the FOH

PeterKingX likes this.
  5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Don’t mention EGGBALL!

Only round balls in here

@Pen15clubber
    @FTWeggball

Deckard likes this.
  6. cardpire

cardpire Member

jim crane and zack greinke always do whatever it takes to win it all

PeterKingX likes this.
  7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Has everybody forgotten Iman Shumpert's potential 13.2 million dollar trade piece already? No reason they'd HAVE to trade Gordon to get someone else needed in. It'd just help Fertitta's bottom line if they did it that way.

I think he's pissed he hasn't been extended, he's worried about being traded, and he sees nothing but lip service and picking up a bunch of lottery scratcher tickets when it comes to improving the team.

As opposed to Crane and Luhnow just flopping their junk on the AL conference table and telling everyone to take a good look.

payaso likes this.
  8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I hate this comparison. Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Lunhow and Crane, but of course they are willing to do whatever it takes to win it all. They have over 100 players in their organization.

The Rockets have 15. And they have to make the money match. You know who the Rockets would probably have to trade to improve the roster? Eric Gordon

I wonder if he would be excited about the Rockets doing "whatever it takes" if that happened.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Tilman is not willing to go to bid war with other team next summer,,
    Window closes as the date gordon leaves,
    Gordon payroll + full MLE = 25 million tax,

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They traded JJ Watt?

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Lowballing capela, house and mda,

And now gordon?

New CBA is crazy overpaid, how can Murray have 170 million contract?

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I would classify it as political. Its a subtle yet obvious jab.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yes. This crazy idea that we’re going to offer Iman Shumpert a 1 year $15m contract and that will net us a star.

What are you actually expecting to get for Shumpert? Is your first answer going to be Iguodala? Iggy is also an expiring, so really a Shumpert + 1st round pick for Iggy is not that great of a deal. It nets Memphis 1 late first rounder and saves them very little money. 2 first rounders? Is that really worth it for Iggy also meaning we have no assets moving forward? And if I was the Memphis GM I certainly wouldn’t jump at any offer just because 1 not so great pick is involved. Better to wait. It’s not just about going over the tax for us.

I assure you if Shumpert and first rounders would net us a big time player that can make our roster best in the league, Tilman will do it. I don’t see any trade out there right now where that’s a possibility.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Even the players on the team are now throwing shade at Tilman and yet there are still people on this website who are defending that dude. Incredible and hilarious.

Jake Tower, mastan, mfastx and 7 others like this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It bothers me this guy gets to pop up on Houston Rockets Bleacher Report app so often. He thinks he knows way more than he actually does.

17. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Assume good intent.

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

If Gordon gone,

Any player who wants 5 million overpaid a year will not come to Houston,

I feel all good players want overpaid contracts,

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

If Capela not gone,

Any player who wants reasonable contract compared to quality of play will come to Houston.

I feel all good players want overpaid contracts, but will take reasonable contract otherwise.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shots fired, shots fired
    Man down
    Send ambulance
    URGENT!

SamFisher, luckyman76 and Deckard like this.