1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry says Warriors had 'f--- you' mentality in Game 6 against Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Os going to he so much fun whoopin they ass this year ,i can tell you that .

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He should say more. He’s right. They came on a mission and we went out like some chumps.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well we got Westbrook who has a F U mentality every night. This just further more proves we needed to rock the boat.

don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like Curry. He's a professional and a good guy.

ISOBall likes this.
  5. SemisolidSnake

No he hasn't. The media whitewashes him of their volition. He's done and said a variety of immature, stupid things just this past season, but you'll only actually know about them if you come some place like here.

slothy420 likes this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

and the bball gods had a f*** you mentality to the Warriors in the NBA finals last playoffs.

Warriors, all the way from the top to down have always been so arrogant. They are always pretending like they aren't the favorites when they clearly were.

Curry has never played on a team with no all-star teammate. He's never really carried the load before and had success. When he did carry the load, he was injured every regular season from the burden.

Even next season, he'll be playing alongside a young all-star and a dpoty but the media are going to give him an excuse if they don't do well (KD left him and Klay is injured!) and if he does do well, they'll pretend Curry carried that team all by himself. I mean, they are already discussing him as winning a potential 3rd MVP.

Harden meanwhile, unless we win 65 games with the best record in the league, won't even sniff the MVP.

Even if Harden has another outstanding season, he'll be runner-up with the votes vastly in the 1st place winners favor.

darksoul35 and don grahamleone like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Who?

lionaire likes this.
  8. SemisolidSnake

Honestly, it would be easy to say "Talk about insecurity when you're playing a team you always beat and hasn't done anything to you besides be your only challenge in the West."

Not gonna lie, though. I like the energy. Maybe he means what he means, or maybe he just worded it weirdly. Regardless, the Warriors played like a team that didn't like losing and wanted to win at any cost. The Rockets played like the Rockets: "Ehhh, the chips will fall on our side in the end."

I want the Rockets to play mad. Not to the point of pure stupidity, but I'd trade a few turnovers for a mentality of "Let's beat the tar out of these guys for 48 minutes." Anger's a fantastic motivator. Terrible for interpersonal relations, but damn good for pushing yourself during a competition.

don grahamleone and Tfor3 like this.
  9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

His performance in game 5-6 then through the finals was inspiring. He stepped up like a true champion should

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

i hope the rockets destroy them this year now that there little man is down klay, and no more kevin, iggy..

11. Mr. Space City

This Taco Bell I ate today had a f_ck you mentality to my intestines

don grahamleone and alethios like this.
  12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Rockets had an "f-me" mentality

BaselineFade likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I think Tillman had the same mentality towards our teams payroll....

14. mockster

mockster Member

This is why nobody likes steph

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

No hate hear

That’s the kind of mentality harden needs

Dude came out read like f them

16. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

He was hungry, rather that than lay down like harden in playoffs vs spurs

They put us to bed twice

Little Bit and hakeem94 like this.
  17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He punked the Rockets in game 5 and then in game 6. He can say whatever he likes.

There’s only one way to put a stop to it.

Acura likes this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That’s funny because I’ve had the same FU mentality since I can remember

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Games 5 & 6 may define James Harden's legacy more than any other playoff game he quit (there are quite a few). No KD & Steph Curry CLEARLY wanted it more than Harden did. Mind you Curry's already won rings, so you'd think Harden would be the hungry one. Instead he became careless & passive. I'd never imagine Curry having more dog in him than James smh

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Haha. Similar thoughts. I do give the dude kudo's for having this attitude. It's the attitude you would want your team to have. So, I would turn it around on them. We need to have a f them mentality when we play them.

Saw the power of this in a playoff series a long time ago in Dallas. Dafooking Kings (Webber days) were killing the Mavs. Big loss at home. After the game, Nick van Exel (famously a non swearer), when asked about how the Maverics would recover against the Kings, went off on a bit of a Allen Iverson them 'f the kings, man. Just f 'em'...more or less, screw them the Mavs just need to come out and play their game, and not worry about the f'ing Kings.

The Mavs trounced them the following game, jumping out to something like a 78-40 halftime lead, before trailing off some after halftime. But it was clear that they were playing with van Exel's comments in mind.

F U has real power. It gets your mind right, focusing on crushing the other team, rather than worrying about what they might do.

#40 BigDog63, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    topfive likes this.