1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you give up CC or EG in a deal for KLove?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 29, 2019.

?

Would you give up EG or CC in a deal for KLove?

1. Yes - Either one (not together)

2. Yes to EG, no to CC

3. Yes to CC, no to EG

4. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nyet. I'd consider it if his salary were more in line with EG's or Capela's, but even then I'd be worried about him only playing half a season.

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Lol. If that's the criteria, let's sign Melo and Joe Johnson.

This isn't about being a homer and not wanting to trade starters, it's about insisting on getting something that will make our team better.

Love has missed 60, 23, and 22 games in the last 3 seasons. Hard pass on the 31-year-old version of this guy.

harold bingo likes this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a big overlay on KLove. For years, he was hidden in the LBJ system. He still has it.
    Love is an ELITE 3pt shooter/rebounder/passer, and possesses a fantastic low post game.
    Hurt early on last year, the Cavs took no chances late in the year and kept him out. I watched him play. It's all still there. Look closely at his minutes/production.(the Cavs were often blown out) I can understand where some might take issue with his downside risk w/injury..But all this stuff about him being washed up is baloney.
    KLove opens up our offense with his shooting, and shores up the defense with his otherworldly rebounding skills. Again, a great passer, who you can put on the block and abuse people with.

#63 Plowman, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    whiskeyred, tc0330 and tycoonchip like this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I had said no in the past, but with Golden State no longer the #1 team we have to gameplan for, it might make sense. This would have been such an easy decision if we were able to grab DeAndre Jordan.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

In a heart beat. Let's see how the new signings do first but if it gets us klove! Yes yes and twice on sundays. If we thought Capela's performance was subpar last season against the Warriors... wait til we have to face the Lakers with AD and Lebron both the same height as Clint, Stronger and can shoot from anywhere. Clint can be replaced.

#65 tycoonchip, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'd rather bring back Scola. Vet min. Get er done, Fertitta.

[​IMG]

Pizza_Da_Hut and daywalker02 like this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I would only do it for K Love...with the guarantee that he doesn't get hurt and takes a pay cut.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No way.

Would give up EG, Shumpert and a 2nd if still possible. Love can give us a lot of EG's shooting while taking a big defender outside.

Then we'd need a good wing defender. Rivers can be guarding smaller guys. Someone like Lance Stephenson would be great for guarding taller wings.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luifa without that flying hair is just so weird to watch. He look Ok.

(Would change my vote to 'No' if that is possible.)

dc rock likes this.
  11. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

We will sign Kevin Love when he becomes available for the Minimum trust me...lol

No reason to give up a Sixth Man of the year or a Bargain Developing Center. Just wait it out Morey will get him sooner or later...lol

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

But none of that has any synergy at all with Houston basketball.

1. Post up offence is out
    2. Switching defence leaves him exposed on the perimeter
    3. Wings at the 4 means he is a 5 only in this system - and rim defence is something he doesn't have

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We are already weaker defensively, need to hold the line there.

BigBum and D-rock like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Plowman i'm really surprised at this thread. i know Love would fit in well and that we have a huge gap at the 4, but giving up EG for Kevin Love is not a net positive ...especially when one considers the critical need to surround Westbrook with shooters, EG being our 2nd best shooter. I think if he's not going to extend, that's an all together different matter. Then there's a lot more argument to be made for moving him i think. But even then, i just don't see Kevin Love being an upgrade on EG right now, and i'd say this is probably the best team the rockets have had, certainly since the 17'-18' season, maybe even the mid-90's. So we've got a real shot this year with the current roster. I think you add, but you don't trade away a key piece like EG.

D-rock likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The positives that Love would bring to this team (rebounding, perimeter scoring threat at the 4) would be neutralized by the negatives (defense, injury history).

jb86 likes this.
  16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I would give up EG due only to the fact that he cannot rebound well. To beat the Lakers in the playoffs you need to beat them on the boards. With Love, WB, and Capella I think would would be the best rebounding team in the West. I feel like Rivers would provide enough defense off the bench to hold Mitchell, McCullum, ect... to an average scoring production in the playoffs.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Kevin isn't a good fit for what we want to do defensively.

D-rock likes this.
  19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Sigh.

Can we please all take a deep breath, and try at least understand what opportunity cost means. I don't want to go into the argument that Love is not a good player. He's a great player, a good fit in the Rockets system. No doubt.

I'd love to have him, at 10M, at 15m, without giving up a single core.

To think that we have to give up either

- Eric Gordon, whose impact to the team is more underrated than KLove's capacity, who is slightly more robust health-wise, who plays 2 and 3, and who is in a contract year situation
    - Clint Capela, whose presence is more valuable after the acquisition of Westbrook, who is infinitely healthier than an aging Love.

AND paying luxury tax (with your top three players averaging > 30 yr and making 106!!! Million in 2019-2020, consisting of 80% of the luxury tax line, and close to 100% of the salary cap). Friendly reminder that Tilman Fertitta is your Houston Rockets' owner.

LoL I can't believe this is even a thought.

PS I hate to cite 538's CARMELO metric because it's gravely flawed, but here it is for your reference (spoiler, it's looking terrible)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/kevin-love/

D-rock likes this.
  20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Clint with the nasty spin move

D-rock likes this.