1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: The NBA has given up on me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he played in the NBA, had the LINSANITY year in New York, became rich, won a championship...

if he thinks he's at rock bottom wait until the crack addiction starts and he loses all his money.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Carmelo had Superstar potential. Odom had Allstar potential. Lin just had starter potential at best, he worked the hardest I bet.

Carmelo and Odom fell the hardest.

hvic likes this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I thought a bit before posting this, but holy **** what a baby.

He's play 9 years in the NBA, picked up a ring, and made nearly 65 million after being undrafted.

"But rock bottom just seems to keep getting more and more rock bottom....(sobs)"

[​IMG]

Uprising and tinman like this.
  4. Caprah

Caprah Member

He milked a couple weeks of fluke play for 65 million bucks.. oh go cry me a river along with his die hard lunatics like beardnation13

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why do some of the people in this thread have the mindset of "being rich = being happy?"

Sure, money can afford you many things in life, but it's not like everyone who is rich has a happy life or clear mind without worries.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If half of this thread had that kind of money, I am sure there would be other problems.

7. riko

riko Member

Guys way more talented and still had more left in the tank then Lin we’re pretty much not signed after their used by date arrived. it happens and there is no conspiracy. When you are a average role player you’re shelf life is limited.The NBA is a talent driven business

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

I think every old nba player goes through this eventually. The realization that you might not play in the nba anymore. But they usually don't do it out in public and weep privately.

But why is this in rockets news lol i will never understand cfans obsession over this kid

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

TBH I've given up on Lin too.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know the trend right now online is to actually defend him for being real here, but I'm going to be different...

1) I actually liked Lin well enough. I only ever disliked his fanbase.
    2) I think he was a talented player before the injury issues. Assuming health there is absolutely a spot in the NBA for him in a vacuum. The problem is that the NBA is so guard heavy now that there are talented guards everywhere.
    3) On top of finding the right fit for him, he's kind of a drama queen about all of it. So does a team really want to mess with that? He's not ELITE as a talent, so how much of this do you really want to deal with?

More importantly...
    How in the heck has he been hitting "rock bottom" more than once? He said rock bottom keeps getting lower. What? This is the first time he's had to worry about his career in like 7 years. He's made good money during that time, had roles in the NBA, been considered a solid player, etc. I can understand being upset about THIS situation, but it's nuts to think it's just getting worse ever year for him. Have some self awareness man.

With all of that said, I get it. He feels like his career may be ending and that has to be devastating. I just think he needs to be able to see this differently.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One poster said it could have been a Church and Faith convention that could have been filmed.

That changes it a bit for me.

We dun know for sure yet.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously staged this for publicity
    Dude relishes this sympathy
    Jerry Fallwell

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That would make it WORSE for me.

If he he dialed the drama about "rock bottom" up for a church thing that makes it way worse. I loathe when super wealthy, successful people call minor setbacks "rock bottom" or other overly dramatic adjectives and then say God helped them bounce back when they hti it big ona n investment in a pizza chain or something.

"God never gives you more than you can handle! See! I thought I was out of the NBA! IT was Rock Bottom after making $20 million the two years prior! But look! Now I have an endorsement deal in China! So, if you are feeling bad because your teenage daughter just killed herself after being raped, just remember by story. God never gives you more than you can handle bro!"

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

When u love the game. It means everything

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This, and most of the online forums and social media are always trending because of the below reason, and not because of love.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She is great in it.

17. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

He’s been paid a lot of money past several years. Someone will prob pick him up for a vet min salary. Think teams are just waiting to drive down his value. He’s still a serviceable 6th man. The raptors had van fleet and Powell making Lin expendable. I thought Lin played some of his best basketball in Charlotte backing up Kemba Walker. He had chemistry and was really effective but took a huge deal with Brooklyn to start. Lin is not a starter in the league and it’s clear. Hopefully he’ll find a team somewhere. Teams like Detroit or Miami could use him. Also if I’m the Knicks why not. Low risk move. Sigh him to a vet min 1 year contract hopefully he regains linsanity if not then part ways. For Lin it’s a great chance to shine again. Psychologically good for him. Great Lin fan base there. Win win for both parties.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@Nook already pointed it out, but this specific behavior is exactly why his nba career wasn’t as good as it could have been. For his play he cashed out as much as he could, the rox contract was robbery. On top of that l I just found this out that Lin and IT are the same age and Lin has made twice as much...talk about some guy b****ing about “rock bottom”

AroundTheWorld and Jontro like this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Still made more money than IT, who was given less physical gifts than Lin.

The NBA gave up on him because the injuries that led to his heavily declining play. Same with IT, except Lin made twice the amount of money IT did.

Not saying money solves all problems but having it guarantees security for you and your family as long as you don't waste it away.

He's coming off a major injury-riddled season so it's obvious that teams are skeptical to pick him up. He'll have to prove himself in another league that he can still ball if he still wants to play in the NBA.

The only thing I hate about Lin are his delusional fans that still think he's an all-star. Maybe he can go play in the CBA where he'll really be an all-star as long as he doesn't talk about Taiwan and his religion.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

i wish i knew how to quit you