1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: The NBA has given up on me.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I feel that is a reach for the people that just don't like him. Maybe there is something more in the larger clip where he infers that, but in this clip, he simply said the NBA gave up on him. The NBA has given up on MANY players for variety of reasons - I remember Hibbert was an all star one year then out of the league the next because the game changed.

GM's just don't think he is good, but Lin thinks he's good enough and it's just that simple.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It’s a good thing @tinman hasn’t

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Lin, you're still rich, right? Go enjoy life...**** the NBA.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

He's probably the best thing Madison Garden has seen in the last 50 years. It was truly phenomenal. Confidence took him to the highest level, and it appears that same confidence has brought him to where he is. There's no bad press in terms of getting your name out there, but that video was pretty bad. Either way, Lin had a decent career.

#84 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Rockets will sign him in December. Morey will say this is the final piece of the puzzle. He will pass the ball to the wrong team in a crucial playoff moment. LOFs will defend him

Mr. Space City likes this.
  6. txn

txn Member

Imagine LOFs bashing Russ saying Lin is better than Russ and criticizing DMA doesn’t start Lin over Russ. that’s when I will start to call NBA where amazing happens :D

7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

S T F U
    Embarassing

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Should have developed a jumpshot and better handles.

10. Garner

Garner Member

I love lin.

Such a unique NBA story that allowed him to rule the league for a short time without being the best player. He was always a backup at best.

And as such, he made ~$65M in 9 years. He had a phenomenal career and should be incredibly proud.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Will the number of pages in this thread exceed the Paul-for-Westbrook thread? :cool:

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sometimes i wake up with night terrors. and then i realize that LOF's are not on clutchfans anymore. i can't think of a more frightening scenario than the plague that was the LOF's. Still gives me the creeps.

It's made it impossible for me to like Jeremy Lin, even as a person.

14. H-town Ballistics

Jeremy Lin looking for that farewell tour!

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The amount of tail and endorsements he could've pulled from those first three years...

Bruh ****ed that up

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

**** the league that made him rich?

tinman likes this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I guess no one cares about his crying. One of his best line is he won a championship, but he didn't earned it.

18. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

I personally didnt like how he played here and as much as his fans annoyed me I wish him the best of luck. Dude is rich and hes obviously not dumb. He'll be ok.

19. SemisolidSnake

Feeling less sympathetic than normal today. A couple months of hot play plus a stupid decision made by our former owner led to him making an insane amount of money and eventually getting a ring. I still wonder where the Rockets could be in the Harden era if they didn't have to waste resources to figure out how to dump that Lin contract. Just shut up and be happy, Jeremy Lin.

20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Lin just wasn't emotionally equipped to handle the NBA. I'm sure he's had some difficulties due to racism, but at the same time, Linsanity is something that will live forever and he's had a 10 year NBA career, while the average NBA player is just 4.5 years.

I recommend he NOT go into motivational speaking.

don grahamleone and tinman like this.