1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Home Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 21, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*Ducks tax*

*Brings back Terrence Jones*

"Who else would we have even signed?!?!"

@J.R.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

I know we had the FULL midlevel two summers in a row but I mean who the hell were we supposed to sign?

Carmelo Anthony
    James Ennis
    Michael Carter-Williams
    James Nunnally
    Chris Chiozza
    Michael Frazier
    Deyonta Davis
    Anthony Bennett
    Ben McLemore
    Terrence Jones

GOSH DAMN TILMAN & DARYL ARE SCRAPING THE BUCKET.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

This would be a good signing at the minimum. Insurance when a guy can’t go because he is somebody that has shown the ability to go out and get you 20 and 10. Play uptempo, catch lobs, finish around the basket and knock down the occasional 3 pointer.

Problem was always inconsistency and defending physical bigs. Difference now would be he isn’t a starter and wouldn’t even be in the the regular rotation and thus not relied upon nearly as much anymore. You could do worse for a 12-15th man. He can still play.

#483 vator, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    roslolian, hakeem94 and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

But we gotta have BUYOUT FLEXIBILITY. ..lists guys we signed off waivers without using the MLE at all.

5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

bring Howard as caplea backup

Bshaud and c1utchfan925 like this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Moves like these make me furious. Would rather have an empty seat on the bench.

pippendagimp and Nook like this.
  7. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Dmo works for Yao nowdays.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Got a name?

Both sides can play this Tilman game ad-nauseum because roster maneuvering is too complex to have direct evidence.

And the anti crowd continues to still deny the Miami/Memphis deadline trade, the pursuit of Jimmy Butler, etc. The anti-crowd also said there'd be zero fireworks this summer and blame the Westbrook trade on chance. Well, it still happened, didn't it? The anti-crowd now doubles down and says there will be no possible further moves this season.

Do you hate Tilman because we lost out on Jimmy, or because he's cheap?

Did you also hate Les for not paying DMo?

Why choose, complain about everything!!!

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I, for one, do not see the problem.

roslolian, Smacktle, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I underestimated Morey’s chess moves. By dealing first for Westbrook, he can now sign Jones to improve our shooting.

11. fattz

fattz Member

What does DM see in this guy? Why bring him back again then again and yet again. Each time with lower expectations. We are to the point where: can the man tie his own shoes? check. DM move on please, because sadly Jones is a mistake you can’t seem to get over. He like crazy neighbor that keeps showing up uninvited every time the grill is lit.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wasn’t overly interested in Butler since it would have required gutting the team, and I still think the Westbrook trade was not good given the assets we gave up and his fit, though I’m hoping it works out. There’s no doubling down from me. I think both were short sighted moves. Same with using assets to duck the tax last year at the expense of competing. Just a short sighted move. Hey...it’s not my money though. I guess I can’t complain.

There could very well be another move to happen. I hope there is, given we still need another piece. But I am sorry I’m not rushing to defend Tilman when everything he’s done has generally gone against what he’s publicly said. I hope that changes!

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jones is a garbage player and a garbage person, hard pass

DikembeOlajuwan likes this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’m not a Russ fan at all (although now I’am lol)

But you really don’t think that was a good trade?

Rockets we’re going to have to give up assets to get off cp3 contract that was inevitable.

Maybe cp3 would be better this year for the team than Russ? That remains to be seen.

But i find it hard to believe that cp3 will he better than he was this past season.

I like a lot of things about cp3 he was legit a top 10 player his first season here. That’s why we won 65 games and had GS on the ropes.

But he was awful last season, and he keeps getting injured year after year.

His contract was going to cripple Hardens prime.

at least Russ is Hardens age and is still an all- nba player.

I’d rather have 30 year old cp3 than 30 year old Russ but cp3 is old broken down and turning 35 come playoffs this year.

I actually think Morey did really well with this trade. I would have never thought he could flip cp3 and 2 future picks for a flawed but still in his prime all nba player.

This is the first time since Hardens been on the rockets we’re he will play with an Allstar in his prime, I don’t know if it will work but I’ll give MDA Harden and Russ the benefit of the doubt.

If it does work rockets are a lot better off over the next 2-3 years than having and aging cp3.

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Someone with every physical gift to be the next Draymond, but his bball iq just isn't there. There's room for one more 4/5 player to grab some of Tyson Chandler's maintenance minutes. He'd be pretty similar to Faried's role. I wouldn't be too mad at what he can bring there, but Anthony Bennett is also competing for that job.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

Another outplay your contract guy?

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

19. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Revenge for stomping on the homeless beggar :(

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In a vacuum, yes, Westbrook is the better player probably at this point in his career. However...I think Chris Paul is a better fit with Harden, smarter, had continuity, and is a better defender. I think we got better in a couple areas, but worse in some more important areas.

Having said that...I agree he’s more in line with Harden’s timeline, Paul’s health was less reliable, and I think they’re going to really try to make it work and go out of their way to adapt to each other to prove that they made the right decision pairing up, or that’s the hope at least. I’m slowly getting a little more comfortable with it, but I still don’t think it was worth the assets we gave up considering the alternative, especially when we really weren’t bidding against anybody.

But like I said...I’m talking myself into a little more as we go along