1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likely to re-sign Gerald Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You must not read my posts, man. You sure didn’t read the one you quoted.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah really …. He's taking a discount again ….

You plug him in and if he's hot , he gives you 15 in no time , if he's not …. take him out.

He can eat up minutes for a team that's pretty old …. and thin.

Better yet the dude isn't afraid of to take a critical shot. Make or miss he'll let it fly. Not a whole lot of people who aren't afraid to fail.

skroodup25 likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'll always have a soft spot for Gerald. Hell, in the very least, it's nice having someone rep our city to the fullest.

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

That’s fine if he’s like your garbage time guy

Jturbofuel likes this.
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is really what it all comes down to in the end. We were losing our 6 and 7 in Rivers and Faried. If we can somehow get Rivers back and Looney great but I doubt it. I would have liked more depth but really we are a better team if we can replace two role players. It’s not easy but not impossible either. That 3rd guard is now very critical so Rivers is the type you want. Danny Green will get paid. Beverly will get paid. Green is the 4th guard. Maybe House alternates with more rotation minutes. With House returning you need that solid rebounding defensive 4/5 that is built better than Hartenstein and can play rotation minutes. Ideally Taj but that dude is going to get paid by somebody. Maybe Nerlens Noel. The ideal players for us without Butler are JaMychal Green and Aminu.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Live and die by The Gerald.

7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Gerald is like Forest's box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get when he steps onto the court, except that he'll get lost on defense at some point. But he plays hard. Way hard for what the Rockets have and will pay him.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Your opinion doesn't match mine. Vet min is all that should be offered.

ak99999 likes this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

GG is who he is, an athletic high energy hustle guy who can get hot from 3pt but has an extremely low BBIQ and is a terrible defender. He is worth the vet min, but not a cent more. At this point, he is just happy to still BE in the NBA never mind a contending team and in his hometown.

saleem likes this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Good to have on the bench, but definitely not a regular part of the rotation!

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I agree that third guard is crucial because of Paul's durability. this is why I'm assuming the capela/boston trade happens with or without butler. capela for smart and a pick is the only thing that works for both teams. smart with Paul and harden make a great trio. he's a rich man's rivers in all aspects. without butler we return ego and tucker as our starting forwards and will use the NTMLE and BAE on a combo forward who fits the 3D mould, and a C. Taj and Aminu will all probably get paid more but would be great. JaMychal is my first choice, Carroll, Markieff, Mike Scott, Dudley, Tolliver, and Vonleh fit the bill at all price levels. under the NTMLE, BAE, and minimum. the centers I'd go for are Kornet, Koufos, chandler, KOQ, Gortat, Holmes, Noah, Theis, Muscala, Kaminsky, Looney, Zubac, Dedmon, McGee, Ed Davis, Taj, WCS, and DAJ. on the other hand if we do get butler I think we use the TMLE on a C and call it an offseason. so our 2 most likely options are:

With no Butler, something like:
    BAE (McGee) - harty
    NTMLE (JaMychal) - clark
    Tucker - House
    Harden - Gordon - Green
    Paul - Smart

not a bad 7-8 man rotation and we may add a useful piece for the vet min as well.

with butler it may look something like:
    TMLE (Looney) - Harty
    Tucker - Clark
    Butler - House
    Harden - Green
    Paul - Vet minimum

12. JazzLakerHater

As long as he doesn’t sniff the court during the playoffs, I’m cool with it.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Back end/fringe rotation guy I'm with it all day.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

That 3 v 1 fastbreak play will forever piss me off but I still love this guy

HP3, Sidarma and Fulgore like this.