1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talk about cheap ownership

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pat, Jul 24, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

3) Tilman gets one championship ring. Not even three but one and I'm completely okay with dodging the tax. We have the best player in the league in his prime with about three years left of prime. You have to win one in the next three years or we wasted Harden.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I guess we found Tilman's son :D

Sanctity and J Sizzle like this.
  3. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

top 5 spending team, 2 great runs under Tilman, and now Westbrook. We've got some spoiled as millennials that for got the dark ages of this team when the rox were putting out crap products. i don't give a rats ass about luxury tax. just want the team to be good and win. i think people here don't realize how big a deal it is to have two mvp's playing on the court together.

Smacktle and Ramo$e like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Part of being successful is timing. One must see when and how to sell after the gain and before the drop. The GSW ride is over time to sell while the assets have their most value.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I understand where you're coming from, but you're being disingenuous with the LA teams' payroll numbers. They just rebuilt using their cap space to try and sign Kawhi, which means they just recently had to dump contracts. They've spent literally every penny they could, just like the Warriors.

The cheapness accusations Tilman faces isn't about our total payroll, but the unwillingness to fully utilize our exceptions and trading away 1st round picks to dump contracts and get us below the luxury tax threshold. He can argue that getting below the luxury tax wasn't a focus and that we did was just a happy coincidence, but we're not going to just eat that up.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If you are not willing to go *ALL IN* this season in Harden's prime....then when are you?

Just ask yourself that.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I understand that’s but and I’m not saying you.

A lot of ppl around here act like we don’t have a very talented expensive roster as is.

legacygt777 likes this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Clutchfans:

[​IMG]

9. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

So the purpose here was to compare Tilman to an owned that paid what? 150mil in luxury tax in the past 3 seasons to keep the championship team together?

oh my.

Talk about some shitty topics this offseason.

LosPollosHermanos and Smacktle like this.
  10. jowman

jowman Member

Tillman sure got a lot of burner accounts on CF...

Lacob went wayyy over the tax for years. And guess what, they won 3 championships so it obviously helps!

What has Tillman done besides hold the team back and squeeze pennies.

God can Houston ever get a normal owner.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Damn dude you have a mental break down over the salary of golden sate? He prob knows he cant win it all next year but rebuilding younger pieces around curry and wait for the year after when thompson comes back healthy. Why would you wanna pay taxes if you know you cant win next year? Good thing you dont own a business or a team. All these owners are business people its a business. They know how run numbers only idiot is the NY owner.

12. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    ... Dolan?

#52 burlesk, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well that was the case last year too. but then the excuse was we want to avoid repeater tax later and wait until the warriors break up. ok so we gave up last season, but now the league is wide open and we were under last year so lets go. if not, tilman is all talk and doesn't want to spend to win.

not even just paying the tax, but this point about tilman's cheapness effecting wins hasn't been discussed enough -- is elston turner supposed to replace the other 5 coaches we let go? i mean he's great but there's only so many hours in the day.

Deuce likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

not so fast because the repeater tax they worked so hard to avoid last year was just reset. Because they picked up westbrook who has an extra year on his contract. As of now, as far as we can see they're obviously still in the same LTS mode using the same excuse

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Found the guy that doesn't understand sarcasm.......

Pat and Nook like this.
  16. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rasheed likes this.
  18. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Breh I swear! Try @ him and he doesn’t pop up

YOLO likes this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan