1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Texans Training Camp / Preseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Jul 21, 2019.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Texans are already a fine oiled machine in practice just like every other year. Lets see what happens when it counts.

2. CrazyJoeDavola

I see that the John McClain Training Camp Propaganda Machine has started up nicely.

Nook, Two Sandwiches and plee like this.
  3. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Every year I end up falling for the same overhyped training camp performances. Two years ago it was that the offensive line looked really solid (what a load of crap that was) and last season it was kind of more of the same. I’ll try not to get sucked into believing the training camp about player A or position group A looking great, but I’m sure it’ll happen anyway. Always great to have football back though! I’d rather have overhyped players/position groups than no football at all.

Two Sandwiches and Fulgore like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dont forget how the media made Kevin Johnson look like Deion Sanders every training camp.

5. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Knew I was forgetting one. Always had me excited about him only to see him struggle and constantly injured.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans got the lesser Martin brother

Nook and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. plee

plee Member

Everybody is working hard, doing the right things, putting the working in...

J.R. likes this.
  8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Funny reading the same reports coming out of Buffalo OTAs a few weeks back.

Fulgore likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Watt told Deshaun he was eyeing his receivers too much. JJ knew when and where he was throwing. Shine must look-off more often.

10. conquistador#11

in a Chinese Backwards offense, they're playing our 1st round Left Tackle@ left guard.
    It's like they didn't learn from the Filo experiment in 2014 or when they signed a LG from KC and played him at Right guard or not resigning their pro bowl right guard because he couldn't play Left Guard so he goes on to Philly. My head is spinning. Then, we're going to clutch our gold chains when Howard is moved to Left Tackle during the season and has the look on him of an 18 year old going to his first strip club .

CallMeTheDream, Win and Spacemoth like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bradley Roby frequently cites how the #Texans struggled in the secondary last year. Said he wants to help correct that and play on the top defense in football.

— Cody Stoots (@Cody_Stoots) July 26, 2019

New #Texans CB Bradley Roby said Demaryius Thomas encourages him to consider Houston.

— Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) July 26, 2019

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

OR you get a rookie's feet wet at a position that is not as much pressure as the edge, then move him when he has fully learn the offense.

TheFreak and texans1095 like this.
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Don’t forget last year’s musical chairs. Henderson gets hurt so they immediately start Rankin at LT despite missing all of training camp/preseason and move Davenport to RT which he had zero NFL experience at. One player got hurt and the immediate response was to move 2 players to positions they’ve never played before and give both OGs guys they’ve never played next to before.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Quick and thoughts from today. More on the site later too.

Safety AJ Moore had a strong day. Making plays and had a diving INT on a deep ball. #Texans

— patrick (@PatDStat) July 26, 2019

Bradley Roby had an INT of Deshaun Watson due to a wrong route being run. Would have been a pick 6.

TE Jordan Thomas continues to grow into his role in the offense. He is a catching machine and has shown he creates issues especially in the red zone.

RB Josh Ferguson is a shifty player out of the backfield. One to watch. If he can continue to catch the ball at a high level and pass pro. Inside track to spot behind Miller and Foreman.

The growth of Deshaun Watson is evident. His knowledge of the offense is much more clear and it shows with how calm he is in the pocket. He has been delivering the football with confidence.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

what's weird is KJs teammates were singling him out for praise as well

Nook likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You have to appreciate the unintentional comedy in these reports, though. Every single player on the roster is someone to keep an eye on and primed for a breakout year!

It's actually fun to read about and one of my favorite things about training camp every year.

That, plus all the "division champions, Brian" posts are pretty damn entertaining.

Two Sandwiches and Nook like this.
  19. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

So I won 2 tickets to a training camp practice. For anyone that has attended one before what am I in for? Basically just looking for a review, wondering how cool of an experience it is.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member