1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Visionary made an incredible CP3 tribute mix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clips/Roxfan, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

2. alethios

alethios Member

Damn, this video made me sad. I won't lie, I loved Chris. Just wish things could have worked out but there was too much in the way - bad contract, declining health and his relationship on the court with James.

3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Too bad he’s a dollar short

5. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

This **** is awesome but sad

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

he should still be here

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Cry me an Austin

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

noted

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I really miss him man. Seeing stuff like this makes me really really REALLY despise the Warriors that much more.

burlesk, Qbthunny, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Did I miss the CP3 Appreciation thread? It wasn't on the front page very long if so. I liked Chris but he kind of unknowingly set himself up for this situation when he negotiated an extension of the age range for max players. Players can still be productive late into their careers but there is no player 34 or older who deserves to make the max - the body just can't recover quick enough to hold up over an 82 game season + playoffs at that age - especially as a starter. Even the most super human athlete of all time, Lebron James finally showed he can't hold up at that age for that type of schedule.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Every time someone wants to post something positive for Cp people feel like they HAVE to mention his contrace/age/decline, can we just not.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That was excellent.

13. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Funny I just watched a video today ...MJ played all 82 at 40.

That has nothing to do with CP3.

I am torn on the CP3 move. He came here to help us over the hump. An aggressive rebound in game 5 of the WCF took him out of it. We had DOUBLE ****ING DIGIT leads in games 6 and 7 against the Warriors... that was not on Chris.

He took the money. Anyone who says they wouldn't is a LIAR. Don't even fix your mouth to tell me otherwise. I am not hearing it.

Because he got his contract, I am semi-OK with the move to get Westbrook. But damn, to be relegated to OKC with no means to get out that sucks for a guy on his last legs who really wanted that ring and came so close.

That said, that video is a nice tribute. Seeing him off the court during Harvey and that smile, makes you feel for him on that human (not a basketball player) level. And to this point I don't think I have heard anything bad come out of his camp about the trade.

As Paramore said:

14. xaos

xaos Member

One of my favorite players of all time and I'm glad he wore rockets red

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

When he went down I couldn't savor the win because I knew it was his hammy. Probably the biggest "what if" in franchise history. Dont give a damm about the Jordan/Hakeem draft, too many other factors

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Will miss Chris
    Rocket for life even if he only played 2 seasons w us. He was great and always gave his best.

Video is sad for sure just how great we were and just little things didn’t go our way. Ref, bad shooting and bad luck just before the game ended. If at least we had put the bench or something but that’s just what if.

Wishing him the best and hope he doesn’t play well against us :) just everyone else

17. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

Wow man, this video made me sad. I love Russ, but I will seriously miss CP3.

18. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Well said

RocketRed4life likes this.
  19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

That 65-win team is my favorite team of all time. CP3 is a huge reason for that. I am sad. I've watched this video multiple times, and I legit teared up. I want Chris to win a championship so badly even if it's in a Gary Payton role.

I'm ****ing sad, guys.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

This team with CP3 being a huge part of it should've won the chip a year ago, too bad divine justice **** doesn't exist.

Deuce, FrontRunner and D-rock like this.