1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Lin 2019 NBA Finals MVP Highlights

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crossover, Jul 4, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This board is for rockets fans only
    But lofs are insecure about their idol

So if someone says Patrick Beverly is better than Lin
    They get triggered to respond and defend their hero regardless if it’s true

I just want them to delete their accounts or leave or get banned

It’s happened on other boards where this entire cult was banned

2. tinman

Supporting Member

Fisher are you new to this here?

We have non rockets fans who joined this board because they are insecure about their hero
    Look at the join dates

Imagine if Jazz fans made accounts every time we talk about how they suck

This is not just Clutchfans he has a cult that joins every board

If someone on a Star Wars board said Jar Jar Binks was better than Lin
    You know they would create a troll account to reply

3. Aspiring Player

People like @tinman and @Rasheed have a limited understanding of the game. They've never competed at a high level and aren't familiar with the effects of the pressure.

Guys like them, tinman especially, just support Tilman before anything else.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  4. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

The thing with @tinman is he has no opinion of his own. He just flip flops all over the place based on an agenda and as a result gets OWNED by both newbs and 99ers, Rockets fans and other team fans. NBA fans and NFL fans. It doesn't matter who it is, he is always stacking up L's

60k+ posts of which 35k+ on Jerry Lin, 20k+ on Les Alexander and man calls himself a hardcore Rockets fans. No posts about the Houston Rockets. Gimme a break son

If @Rasheed doesn't fix himself, he is going to head the same way

adoo and yoeddy like this.
  5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Who cares? Just ignore them. And even if you can't, that doesn't mean you should hate on Jeremy Lin. He was and still is a very good locker room guy and teammate. He has no control over his obnoxious fans.

yoeddy likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Remember when we tried to get Melo in his prime and Lin posted some bible scripture about turning the other cheek in response? What’s next, are you gonna tell us we should love Pippen too? Maybe we should just forget that Tracy and Dwight quit trying?

I mean we can move past it if it’s not brought up, but memory is what life is about. Lin created **** memories for fans.

Ron Artest gave us good memories, he won a chip, but none of his fans were shoving it in our faces. We would be happy to talk about Ron Ron.

tinman likes this.
  7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Woah man. Hard work is cool, but let’s not pretend that throwing a ball through a hoop at a better than average rate is the biggest accomplishment you can hope for in life.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He can't ignore them. I have asked him to for years. But he is a negative loser, that likes to do negative loser type sh*t.

I have told him before. Lin is a great basketball player. Went to Harvard. Is a great role model for asian Americans that has played in the NBA. While tin man has been on a message board talking incessantly about the subject for years. And he still fails to see the sheer loser type mentality that is in comparison.

If only Lin would have signed up on this message board in 1999. Then maybe he would be cool right. Get the F out of here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jacoby likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Fake rockets fans joined this board
    I guess you choose to ignore the newb accounts that boasted Lin won a title and harden did not or the fact there’s one who insist he’s better than Beverly

You selectively forget that this cult following insulted clutch
    , the city of Houston and the rockets when he was here

But you can focus on me all you want cause I’m a 99er

I won’t stop til the LOF who have even said they aren’t rockets fans leave the board or are deleted

If that last forever than let it be

If you can’t see these troll accounts than I hope you aren’t this blind im other situations

You still don’t get it
    It’s his stupid fans who are trolling Clutchfans

But I accept you don’t get it

#89 tinman, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

don,

You are speaking from a rockets fan point of view
    Which I cannot say for some accounts here

Do you think if clutch deleted non rockets fans this thread would be dead ?
    The obvious troll accounts that sprung up as well

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I want non rockets fans off a rockets board
    Period

Hate on Lin?
    Is saying that he was demoted for Patrick Beverly hate ? Only a Lin fan would think that

Saying that he was terrible this year that the raptors chose to play him as a third string hate ?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin made more money than Bev in Houston but lost his starting job due to poor performance
    This is the same thing that happened with the lakers
    I think he lost his starting job to Jordan clarkson
    And in Toronto he’s clearly behind Lowry and VanVleet

If you base performance off contacts than Ryan Anderson is better than all of them

But you are Lin fan and hate it when people say Bev is clearly better than him
    Pretty much if they are on the same team
    Bev would always start in front of him

13. barongan

barongan Member

Sarcastically, i think...

14. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I didn't base performance off contracts, Caprah did when he cited Bev's $40M contract as evidence that Bev as a better player than Lin. I simply pointed out that if he believed that, then he needed to acknowledge all the years that Lin's contract was significantly higher than Bev's.

And no, I don't hate it when people say Bev was clearly better than Lin...I simply disagree with it. And whether Bev or Lin would start on the same team would highly depend on who else was on the team and what system they play. Sorry, but it's true. And sure...Lin sucked during his time with the Raptors...I acknowledge that after his ruptured patellar, it's unclear what kind of performance Lin can put out now with his burst/speed apparently gone along with his 3pt shot. But obviously overall I'm talking about pre-injury Lin.

15. riko

riko Member

Let this damn thread die like Lin’s NBA career has . Dude was a good guy who overachieved and got a lot of money for it and eventually came back to his original talent level which wasn’t great.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It’s pretty pathetic how certain posters still post about Lin just to hate on him. He hasn’t been a Rocket in 5 years. Get a life.

17. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

@tinman @Rasheed

19. adoo

adoo Member

that only underscores the stupidity of Morey

---equating Lin to the likes of Iverson, CP3 and LeBron----which prompted him to dump a proven young productive PG (Dragic)
    in favor of a poison-pilled FA contract for the flash in the pan Lin, + a 1 and a 2 pick​

u need to stop lying.

Clarkson won the starting job in camp; tho, during the season, Lin did start some games due to injuries​

20. tinman

Supporting Member

You’re on drugs
    This is dumber response than the LOFs