1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben McLemore is a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 23, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Nope.this is a Westbrook signing. Morey making all.the right moves...this guy can shoot n is good in transition...just not a good dribbler...Westbrook can handle that. With west we need shooter n transition guys. U guys gotta dig deeper in this...chess

Rockets Rule and RichieBanks like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

U do know chris n michael arent gonna play right. N eg is our af now right.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yea I guess he playing dumb or this just cf.

Plus u have russ at point, harden at 2, ego at 3, green is a sf, river a 1, mac a 2, Bennett a pf

eliefor3 likes this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Lol. I definitely had a moment where I thought he was Terrence Jones. He caught me looking at him with this befuddled look on my face. I’m lucky he didn’t stomp me.

Easy likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Interesting....

I could see McLemore as a low cost Gordon replacement/insurance

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N what alot of people do.understand is alot of these project guys came in with high expectations, too much. Everybody cant carry a team. Sometimes u better as the guy getting set up.by a better player
    Yep rivers McLemore green Bennett n Tyson..I cant wait to see it..mmm mmm

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Cause 3.n d players are hard to come by..just think of all our pick ups this year, is any a 3 n d guy. So.why get rid of him before u find a replacement. We arent in love with shump lol. It's what do u have better now. I'll cut him for iggy. But he not available

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Josh Smith was a really good player.

I'll take rockets Josh Smith too tho. I like that comparison better then allstar smith. If that the version u was using

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol not a chance. Greens 3point shooting is off the charts. He the only guy on the team went to shot a 3 at any point...off balance, 1 sec, anything. At the game I hell give it to green for the 3 every possession down lol

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Omg..I wish I could do the face palm emoji.

I cant believe u just said that lmao.

Do people understand Gordon is a low key all star...that's a low key 2 way player lmao..

Honestly is jimmy butler even that much better then him.

Rustyrig, BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're not giving up EG in any deal with Iggy as the main piece on the other side.. C'mon!

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

It’s not about player to player value. It’s EG all day erryday in that category. It’s knowing you’ve got a cheap owner who likely doesn’t want to use Shumperts rights and would prefer to jettison salary on hand.

Also considering the fact that you’ll get more minutes out of Westbrook than Paul - and will have Rivers earning minutes. Gordon won’t be as beneficial in our lineup as Iggy would be given the balance.

Then you’re simply looking for a warm body with some upside to backup harden/rivers/Westbrook

This the low cost eg replacement

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're letting facts get in the way of a perfectly good reactionary post. Come on meow!

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol again ego is a better player then iggy.

Again. N he on a cheap contract. That man was ur 2nd best player last year.

That's like saying with kwahi n pg13 they dont need Lou

Not only is he our best 3 point shooter, with the deepest range he also is our 2nd best defender. I dont believe piggy's defense is that much better then ego that it vast out ranks egos offense. Again. If ego was on another team he would probably be a allstar

D-rock likes this.
  15. studogg

You’re missing the point. I’m not advocating for it. I’m inferring based upon known information. I would be against the move and would prefer to wait for him to hit the buyout market or to pursue other alternatives.

Just trying to make sense out of an illogical signing.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lol yeah I was gonna leave that one alone.

there is no minimum NG'd player who can replace a guy who was invited to play for team USA.

mike2k132 and Plowman like this.
  17. studogg

Chunky and plow missing the point as usual

18. rammo

rammo Member

Another sharp shooter to sit in the wing, catch passes and hit open threes.

Plus this guy has more to his game. Can penetrate and handle. Like this a lot.

Itzhappernen.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yes. He is not the better shooter, but he is a much better and more aggressive penetrater (both on and off the ball). He is also a better overall scorer. Defensively, it is no where close. Gordon is above average while Butler is elite. Essentially Ego is a 20 ppg third option feasting on open shots while Butler is a 20 ppg 2nd option tasked with defending the 1st or 2nd best player on the other team usually.

mike2k132 likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N u missing the point it's not a illogical signing.
    We traded for Westbrook, u would think said gm would gather players that fit next to him too. Westbrook needs shooters, ben came into league with a ray allen comparison cause he could shoot.

Russ love to play in transition, ben is a athletic elite transitional finisher.

This is easy to understand his thinking.
    I actually expect more transition guys...cause when wade n lbj played together that's were they feasted at.