1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isiah Thomas Sees Harden And WB Pairing As The Modern Day Walt Frazier and Earl Monroe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jul 22, 2019.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

And that's why he's not a coach .

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Don't go under the basket right now."

Later: "i did not order the Code Red."

3. Homey the Clown

So if they mean what they mean then Harden is miles better at bball than Jordan ever was. Gotcha.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's total win shares, so half as many minutes is going to get you way fewer wins on a successful team.

WS per 48 minutes

19 Harden .254

73 Frazier.196
    73 Monroe .158

D-rock likes this.
  5. SamFisher

The fact that you had to abandon ship and go to Jordan in one post is a bad sign.

Jordan is miles better than overhyped Frazier & Monroe, easily. So probably were a number of their non-Knick contemporaries. So is Harden, easily.

But since you brought it up - there are definitely things Harden is better at than Jordan.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I don't recognize the D'Antoni they're criticizing. The whole thing about having to win "my way." He coaches 7 seconds or less in Phoenix, then he coaches Harden's game of 7 seconds or more to cross half court.

Love him or hate him -- and a lot of people hate him for it -- D'Antoni has shown he'll go with the game his stars like to play.

7. SamFisher

These guys stopped paying attention to basketball in the 1990's/'00s when their careers started ending, thus everything tends to be frozen in that context.

8. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Completely ridiculous. 2 MVP's in their prime? The only duo I see ahead is Kawhi and PG and that's debatable.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yea that's a dead give away when people think this is Mike's system lol..I'm like I guess this person either didnt watch the suns or dont watch the rockets lol.

10. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

I believe the cp3 pairing did work but there was various variants that changed that,ex his decline ,ex 2 him asking fir for a max contract basically kicking ariza and luc to the curb which also handicaps our cap and bench,im excited about russ though i still cant believe we got him

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Frazier/Monroe were greatly sacrificing personal stats for the good of the team. They had chains on black Jesus.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Well they did win a championship so I'll take it!

Mazulis likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The genius who plucked TMac with the glimmer in his eye.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Aspiring Player

Having played the game, Isiah is a lot smarter than knee jerk posters and blow hard media guys.

15. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

Similar talking points.

#35 bigkstrong, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    vator likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Isiah picked those colors, red and purple, because that was legit swag.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Some of the pundits are playing devils advocate on the sly too. Whatever will get ratings.

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ok, I'll be hopeful and say maybe Isiah is right for once!

bleedroxred79 and macan like this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They will be good but the question is how good...

D-rock likes this.
  20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

While I’m a rockets fan so I want and hope Harden and Russ are the best duo in the league.

With that said I can understand ppl liking Kawhi and PG13 and also Lebron and ad.

But they all have questions imo.

Lebron and AD are the best fit imo ones a big ones a point forward. Their super skilled each and they compliment each other and their pick and roll should be deadly.

But.... Lebrons old that seems to get swept under the rug by everyone they just think he’s going to come up and should be the front runner for mvp like they say every year.

AD.... he just gets hurt a lot and as talented he is and he might be the the most talented player in the league but he has never shown he can take a team to wins consistently.

Their interesting because at face value they should be the best duo but it could all blow in quick if Lebron loses a step or they both suffer injuries that have them in and out of the lineup.

Like they could miss the playoffs with either guy especially Lebron missing 20+ games.

PG13 and Kawhi are getting way to much hype. Kawhi is legit he proved it.

PG13 is one of my faves iv wanted him in houston for 6 years or so. But he’s not an mvp franchise number 1 player. He’s a great number 2.

So that’s a good fit in terms of both will know who’s the 1 and who’s the 2.

But they don’t have any playmaking.

Their best playmaker is Lou Williams. That’s not good.

And their best 2 player don’t playmake at all.

But they’ll be good.

To me russ and harden have proof that it can work because we just saw how good harden and cp3 did the first year. Basically two ball dominate players winning a lot of games and pushing the best team of the last 20 years or so to the brink at full strength. Russ and cp3 are different but the way we play shouldn’t change to much I do believe MDA when he says that.

Every other duo is a notch below in terms of top end talent so I won’t talk about them.

These are the best 3 duos in the league based on talent.

lilbird20, Shark44, s3ts and 2 others like this.