1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KPRC] James Harden speaks about Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 20, 2019.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

just because paul was traded it doesn't mean all the media reports about a feud are true. paul sucked thats why he was traded.

Hakeemtheking, amaru and Ramo$e like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This right here!

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

action speaks louder than words!

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

My guess is it was somewhere in the middle. Most likely friction, a couple spats, but the media blew it out of proportion. I don't think they hate each other just a huge age gap. Chris is hyper competitive, probably takes everything personal, wants to lead. James is laid back, super passive aggressive. They just stopped clicking. One thing for sure is James helped CP come here and get paid

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That sounds reasonable to me. Harden, like all the great players, is obsessed with winning a title. It validates their game as being one of the best in history. I hope Westbrook works out. If he doesn't, things could get very chippy indeed. Charles Barkley still feels the pain of not having that ring. James doesn't want to be a part of that club.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

My guess is that James is, um, being diplomatic. And I'm glad he's being diplomatic. Much better than younger days when he lashed out at McHale, in front of cameras, for saying he wasn't a leader.

Good tone and message, James. Spoken like a leader.

ChumpCity, BigMaloe, cml750 and 9 others like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

e tu vir mamilla?

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Or maybe....he's actually telling the truth? Or at least his version is closer to the truth?

34to11, jowman, macho GRANDE and 6 others like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really hope Harden talked to CP3 on his way out. Passive Aggression is more cruel in these type of situations.

I still remember reading those reports when Melo was on the team (are we still believing reports at this point?). Rockets just lost to OKC and Melo, who was on OKC the previous season, didn't have a great game. It was reported that Westbrook waited outside the locker room looking at Melo silently waiving to Harden with Melo sitting with no one around him. Harden just walked past Melo, no words, and left with Westbrook.

Harden is a you-do-you kind of guy at extreme levels. He is emotionally detached from anyone that isn't in his circle.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He should just say why he wanted Russell WB over Chris Paul.

Yeah, I know who is younger and who is a better friend but it has to come from his mouth.

'We know the truth and I know the truth, it is all false talk.....'

Lulz then tell something substiantial. Tell the story in the locker room. What was said.......

It is funny that they are denying it without saying anything relevant or what was going on really.

Which plays did you two DISAGREE ON? Would be a start.

#31 daywalker02, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Its doubtful that Harden spoke to him unfortunately, but really, I dont think Cp would even want to hear it.

13. amaru

amaru Member

But the drama narrative is much more entertaining

Nook, hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

I think we can be reasonably sure that whatever issues they had were blown out of proportion to give sports writers off season content.

Patience, napalm06 and FrontRunner like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No he should not.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why? He doesn't owe anybody an explanation.

The truth is that James and Paul had disagreements on the court sometimes and somehow this was interpreted as them having beef off the court. Of course, everybody believed it since CP3 has a reputation about wearing on people and since Harden is not very outspoken, people have developed their opinion of what Harden is thinking or how he acts.

I don't think it was about Harden wanting Paul out and asking management let's trade him for Westbrook. I am willing to bet he wanted Westbrook and wasn't concerned who the casualties were going to be. He just thought having Westbrook on the team was his best chance of winning a championship. We will see.

This is James Harden's team and the franchise has made that clear since they traded for him.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give him the benefit of the doubt but he is clearly milking the situation to write a book and make money off it later.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock and Nook like this.