1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson Chandler joins HOU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

I’d trade Clint in a heartbeat..

Clunt on the other hand... he’s untouchable

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

All I've seen to say that he "sucks" is that he can't get playing time from MDA ...

Tyson might not have anything left in the tank . They signed him to add depth and to be used along with hartenstein when we want to play a bigger 5 as Clint's backup .

Why shouldn't I put some hope in one of the few young players the rockets have that might actually get better ?

naldodiaz likes this.
  3. Chamillionaire

Nothing wrong with wanting Hart to succeed. It's just that he hasn't shown much for some of us to get our hopes up.

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Great backup center, hard pressed to get someone better than that considering our cap situation. A clear upgrade over Nene, and that's all that matters.

I'm in majority on this one, but if someone other than Shumpert comes along at the trade deadline, Tillman will spend. Just gotta be worth it, an over the top, no brainer move. I actually don't blame him for trying to run it back and stay under last year, considering the poor options available. Why not considering how close we came the year before. A fool's errand in hindsight of course.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Chandler doesn’t offer much resistance in the paint anymore but he is still an exceptional rebounder and screen setter.

I like the move.

I would actually like Chandler and Nene both.

jch1911, Deuce and withmustard like this.
  6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

a clear upgrade over nene? i hope you're right.

nene played really well for us last year. he guarded switch onto the perimeter and guarded it better than CC in my opinions...he can hit the midrange too and has post moves....

7. Moahst

Moahst Member

Yeah he might (MAYBE) play a little more often than Nene but I don't think he'll be an upgrade one either end of the floor. I'm still confused why Nene opted out of his player option.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Absolutely, in availability alone.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Didn't want to be traded?

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

We are Corey Brewer away from the Championship now.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

Ve
    Hell yes! Mike Harris was a fan favourite for a little while there and Tyson will too :) So glad he signed with us, even with CP3 gone as I thought his relationship with CP3 was the deciding factor but it was reported that the Westbrook trade made his choice easier. He's also guaranteed playing time, at least for now. He can definitely rebound better and be a better rim protector than Nene.

12. riko

riko Member

He is 7 foot 1 with a humongous length who in 8 to 10 minutes a night can come in alter a few shots and set a few hard on ball screens for James and Russ and a few off ball screens for Eric so he can get free for a few open looks.

D-rock likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bigger beard than the Beard himself.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Hopefully Tyson can give us one more good year before he retires. I always thought dude would've been a good fit here years ago after Cuban blew up his championship team.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That’s messed up man they put that old face filter thing on his welcome announcement.

Need Nene as well, maybe we could get a complete season from both of them. Or maybe Hartenstein gets that 3rd center role that only plays one of the back to backs, limited minutes. Idk, this doesn’t move the meter much. I’ll believe what I see. Roster on the whole looking stronger though, certainly stronger than two weeks ago.

Westbrook, Rivers, Clemons?
    Harden, Gordon,
    Tucker, House
    Bennett, Clark, Hartenstein
    Capela, Chandler, Davis

They probably need another forward or for one of their guys to step up to a legitimate role.

16. Caprah

Caprah Member

Bennett is starting?

17. JW86

JW86 Member

I find it hysterical that people make up their own dept charts, moving guys to different positions and then even adding a camp invite on a non-guaranteed deal as a starter to boot. Thanks for the laugh ;)

naldodiaz and napalm06 like this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah? Who you starting as the other forward? Those are the options currently. Pretty sure I said they need someone else or for a developing player to realize potential. Hilarious how ignorant people don’t understand the comment but try to poke fun anyway.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

bennett may not even make the team. he's definitely not starting nor is he likely to get any real minutes if hes lucky enough to make the team. EG gets benched in favor of random ol bennett o_O

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Hope not. COnsidering our offense we need some shooters. Westbrook shoots like Brewer from long. IS that what we need in our 3's and layup offense? Surely we can crap a legit shooter out there.