1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(Get Up) The Rockets and Nuggets top Jalen’s 2019-20 Western Conference playoff teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 18, 2019.

1. MystikArkitect

You could take these teams:

Rockets
    Jazz
    Blazers
    Warriors
    Spurs
    Lakers
    Nuggets

And put them in a spin cycle and order them in the manner in which they come out and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was actually the order of the seeding. The only constant is the Clippers who I feel will be top 3 for sure barring injury.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don’t mean to be the righteous one. But clearly you have not heeded the articles stating unequivocally without a got-damn doubt that Tilman Fertitta is willing to field a championship team, AT ANY COST.

Jeez! (Exceeeeeeeept......)

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seriously though...I’d prefer Tilman telling us directly that he has no interest in paying the tax than continuing to lie about it publicly.

4. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

We are definitely built well for regular season. Harden is the most durable superstar in the league, Russ plays hard every night. I don't know if it will work come playoffs but during the regular season when Russ is playing against second units it's hard to see us dropping games to average teams.

I'm really looking forward to it. Harden generally starts strong, assuming Russ plays a slightly higher minute version of Paul's rotations, you have Russ coming in fresh late in the first and early in the second against backups, there will be carnage.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes. I don’t like the, “Hey, you got under the luxury tax!” And he squirts a black ink cloud to make his escape: “TOTAL coincidence.”

I would like to apologize to Carl Herrera. It would get on my nerves when he talked about Tilman’s cheap ways. Until Tilman shows otherwise, I’m on the “cut-corners-at-the-restaurants, don’t-pay-The-luxury-tax” bandwagon.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

idk man, i feel like a lot of these teams in the west are so even, they will beat up on each other and someone in the east will end up with the best record. 1-6 in the west will end up separated by just a couple games. if i had a to pick a number 1, i would have to go with the clippers.

kawhi, PG, and lou will can all get 30 on a given night, three very good perimeter defenders, great outside shooting, a legit 7 footer downlow, trez, harkless and shamet give them great depth... the only they dont have is a great playmaker, but the way doc will have them moving the ball, and how they should be able to turn people over and generate offense from defense it probably wont matter.

they seem like the most complete TEAM right now in the west. denver is right there too as far depth and cohesiveness.

the rockets are a wildcard so I am surprised at some people picking them as favorites. we NEED to make another move, but I just dont feel like ol cheapskate will sign off on it.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Of course Keyshawn is a Rockets hater.

8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I dont care about predictions. Dont get me wrong. I love the optimism but theres alot to be determined.

9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

whoever makes it out of the west next year will definitely earn it.

10. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

Unless they're like the Warriors in 2015 when everybody was banged up. Aldridge, Westbrook, Beverley, Duncan, Conley

11. Clutch City1993

Supporting Member

What move would you make? I'm guessing more depth in the front court

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wildcard? We are running back a team that has won 65 and 54 games in the last 2 years, essentially replacing a good, but not great pg with the human energized bunny.

We are going to be really, really good this year. I'm predicting another 60+ regular season.

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Am I the only one who is giggling at the term "load management"

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

because westbrook himself is a wild card. he is a very different player than cp3. high risk, high reward kind of player. westbrook did not have a good year last year. will decline even more or get back to an MVP level player ? there are a ton of question marks, that is why I think we are a wild card.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:p Overused term.